PDA

View Full Version : Short Sunday Ride

Hairsmith
04-30-2006, 10:36 PM
Some guys hoped to get together to day for an East Texas Exploring ride but things fell through so this afternoon I went for a little ride close to the house.
East Texas Has Trees....

East Texas has Sand

East Texas has History

All in one short afternoon ride.

Duke
05-01-2006, 01:24 AM
I know exactly where went!:rider:

Thats a pretty good ditch infront of the tanks, did you go straight in from the road way or "explore" a different path?

I hope you made better time through the sand on Browns Ferry Road than I did, that sand was killer on me. I would dig, dig and dig some more until eventually I got enough tire spin that basically allowed my rooster tail to propell me forward :trust:

The next time I am up visiting the parents we will have to hook up and take the GS's out for a spin.

Later,
dd

Chris-V65Magna-TX
05-01-2006, 06:08 PM
Cool! Looks like a neat area to ride in.

My knobbies like sand..so much that the back wheel sinks proportionally to my forward progress!

Hairsmith
05-01-2006, 10:37 PM
It was not so bad crossing the ditch to get over to the tanks, It was the foot long saplings that has bin cut down with a machete making a field of sharp pujo sticks to ride through.
I have had the GS back in there during last summer when it was very dry and the sand was soft and deep. Plus the logging trucks had cut the road full of deep ruts. It was not an easy ride with Tourances instead of knobs.
I hope to find some good DS routes around East Texas so we can get a group together and do some riding soon.