• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

EAST TX: February Ride-to-Eat

richb

Reaction score
First Name
Rich
This Thursday should be a high of mid-50s, low of mid-30s.

What say you all?

Do we want to meet up for chow somewhere?

My first thought was the Back Porch in Kilgore, but it might be too cold to sit outside.

There is also All Star Bar-B-Q in Rusk. They are supposed to be open until 7:30.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I guess since we had Mexican last month the Jalapeno Tree in Jacksonville is out... I get enough BBQ.... Mudbugs are still in their dens.... Catfish King in Orr City???

At least the weather shouldn't be an issue.... staying tuned.

My first thought was the Back Porch in Kilgore, but it might be too cold to sit outside.

FWIW, Back Porch as remodeled and they have even more inside seating than they had in the past.

FWIW, Back Porch as remodeled and they have even more inside seating than they had in the past.

I vote for Back Porch - although I guess it was stupid of me to say it could be cold if we sit outside since we are riding our motorcycles there!

Is balloting open yet or did I jump the gun? It's only Tuesday. And I didn't show my id when I voted which I think is now the law of the land.

I vote for Back Porch - although I guess it was stupid of me to say it could be cold if we sit outside since we are riding our motorcycles there!

Is balloting open yet or did I jump the gun? It's only Tuesday. And I didn't show my id when I voted which I think is now the law of the land.

Premature votulation.

Back porch is good, when the days are longer I wanna ride to Naconowhere. Been a while.

Maybe in May or June we can do the Bar B Que House on the north end of Nac. I have eaten there since I was a teenager in the '70s and it was on North Street.

Back Porch always works for me!! :rider:

As the OP this month, I declare the Back Porch the winner.

We'll put a helmet on a chair in honor of Faraway-Jeff. Everyone can stop by and talk to it for a minute.

Guess that they were forced to expand the seating inside since you sure as the dickens could not set outside and visit with the crappy over volumed band they had outside the LAST time I was there. Runed my apatite, did not even stay long enough to eat.
If I want to listen to noise I will try to find a Harley rider that can keep up. :rofl:

Guess that they were forced to expand the seating inside since you sure as the dickens could not set outside and visit with the crappy over volumed band they had outside the LAST time I was there. Runed my apatite, did not even stay long enough to eat.
If I want to listen to noise I will try to find a Harley rider that can keep up. :rofl:

Guess that's why they have different kinds of music. Johnny and the Night Crawlers (the band that was there) is one of my favorite local bands. Of course, since I grew up with Johnny (he rides but isn't on TWT) I may be biased. :trust: I'll admit a band (even at the City of Kilgore's mandated 85 decibels at 50 ft.) makes it hard to visit.

I had my days/events confused... my political forum on Longview was Tuesday.
Tonight, Jessica and I are going to UT Tyler to see "Million Dollar Quartet." Tix were a gift from my daughter, but since (a) I'm a cheapskate and (b) tomorrow's Valentine's Day, I'm pretending it's our Valentine's date.
Have fun.

I had my days/events confused... my political forum on Longview was Tuesday.
Tonight, Jessica and I are going to UT Tyler to see "Million Dollar Quartet." Tix were a gift from my daughter, but since (a) I'm a cheapskate and (b) tomorrow's Valentine's Day, I'm pretending it's our Valentine's date.
Have fun.

:doh::eek2::lol2:

II'm pretending it's our Valentine's date.

I convinced Amber that there is nothing more romantic than a home cooked meal, so we are staying home for Valentine's Day. I am taking her to a snobby wine club dinner Saturday night as our Valentine's Day date - even though would have gone to the dinner regardless of month. She's a lucky girl!

-Jeff

I convinced Amber that there is nothing more romantic than a home cooked meal, so we are staying home for Valentine's Day. I am taking her to a snobby wine club dinner Saturday night as our Valentine's Day date - even though would have gone to the dinner regardless of month. She's a lucky girl!

-Jeff

Can a wine be snobby? Is that an example of oenophiiac anthropomorphism?

Back