• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

chain breaker

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
Anybody in the general area of Huntsville have a good chain breaker and bust a 520 oring chain for me! I'll bring by and pay $'s if needed, lol! Need to cut from 120 to 118 I think.

I have a dremel and motion pro kit. I use them to cut, remove, install chains all the time. I've used it on my 530.

Grind or file the rivets off, ...even if your using a pin press..You really do not want to push an over sized rivet head though the pin bushing...
Once the rivet head is removed, the end plat will come off with a small pry bar, or flat blade screw driver you don't mind bending the tip on.

Dremels work great as long as you take your time so the heat doesn't harm the adjacent O-rings you want to keep. Needle nose vice-grips make squishing the master link O-rings for clip install easy.

4 inch disc grinder is 10 bucks at Harbor freight . It will make it a 30 second job . SEYA

Back