• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DS Romping in the Ozarks! 04/30/06

Wasabi

Reaction score
Re: DS Ride in Western Arkansas

oldbmw said:
Come on guys

:popcorn:

I will start the ride report and contribute a pic and a word or two. My pic list is puny cause I am just a bad photographer , even with a one step camera.

First I must say that Scott nailed the prediction ““Gonna be wet! Creeks will be up! Hill climbs will be intense! Can't wait!! ”

After the first days ride I am considering changing my TWT name to IFallDown or MoreHorn. I now have added wet logs to my personal list “ What I Hate to ride on “. Its now Sand and Wet Logs.

SCOTT
“When you see the pics and hear the report, you might feel differently Thank goodness there is a nice hot tub at the hotel!! We managed an average speed of 7mph for the 60 miles we did the first day... ”

Just a personal note about the Hot Tub, it was great day one , but day two it got real ugly. I think Desmo (Steve) and Dirt Bomb (Chris) can confirm that this time there was just not enough beer to make the Hot Tub a pleasant experience. I know I am being real vague. Let me just say that in this four person Hot Tube that the three of us agree that her teeth were classic “Deliverance “ . And that was the best part.

Enough about after the ride. Here are my pics.

First day at motel getting ready to ride
67617871-M.jpg

One of many water crossings Day 1

Scott
67617881-M.jpg

John (DynaSport)

67617885-M.jpg

Chris (Dirt Bomb)
67617891-M.jpg

Nace
67617895-M.jpg

Break in the woods
67617873-M.jpg

Day 2 late lunch

67617917-M.jpg

I won't be back in town until Sunday so it will be a bit before I get my pics and vids posted.

I just wanted to tell everyone I had a great time and it was fun to meet some new friends. We had 2 beautiful day's for riding and some great scenery. The Ozark National Forest in Arkansas is a great spot for dual sport riding and if you have not been you need to make plans to go, it is awesome.
Here we are the night before the ride, talking about our routes and enjoying some Wild Turkey.
Arkansas4-30-0602.jpg

The weather was perfect with low's in the 50's and highs in the mid 70's. (Left to Right) Beemin(Bob), Desmo (Steve), Tourmeister (Scott),Hood Ornament (Albie), and Dyna Sport (John).
Arkansas4-30-06001.jpg

Man I love the Ozarks, it is a beautiful place to be...
Arkansasday24-30-06015.jpg

Waiting for our fearless leader to find the trail, it is up there some where...
Arkansas4-30-0603.jpg

Arkansasday24-30-06004.jpg

Here comes Nace ripping down the trail...
Arkansas4-30-06009.jpg

Wasabi (Bill) looking for some log's to wheelie across..
Arkansas4-30-06005.jpg

Hood Ornament (Albie) enjoying the forest
Arkansas4-30-06004.jpg

Tourmeister is somewhere out in the woods, can you spot his KLR?
Arkansas4-30-06007.jpg

Checking a river crossing, the Clarksville Arkansas area had close to 3 inches of rain the day before so you know we are going to have some fun water crossing's.
Arkansas4-30-06010.jpg

Tourmeister getting a closer look....ahhh it's not too bad. Should have brought the inner tube and a cooler.
Arkansas4-30-06011.jpg

You know me, I have to get the token dirty KLR shot's in the report somewhere..
Arkansasday24-30-06006.jpg

Arkansasday24-30-06005.jpg

Dirt Bomb (Chris) and Hood Ornament living it up...
Arkansasday24-30-06007.jpg

Dyna Sport (John) and Nace working on getting the bike started, it seems to be a little water logged.
Arkansasday24-30-06009.jpg

Desmo, Wasabi, and Dirt Bomb relaxing while the KTM is being brought back to life.
Arkansasday24-30-06010.jpg

Tourmeister, Hood Ornament, and Beemin taking in the sounds of the creek.
Arkansasday24-30-06011.jpg

ZZZZZZZZZZZZ....Tourmeister kicking back on the cold rocks
Arkansasday24-30-06012.jpg

Beemin resting his eye lids..
Arkansasday24-30-06013.jpg

Hood Ornament skipping rocks..
Arkansasday24-30-06014.jpg

These are all the pic's I have. Here is a video that I put together, this is the small low resolution version http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7041703643273220931 I will post a larger higher quality version later.

That bozo wasn't skipping rocks! He was trying to splash me :lol2:

Wow ..... great job with the pics guys. :clap: I can't believe ya'll crossed those rivers. The video won't pull up for me. :doh:

YaaaaHooooo! Arkansas dual sportin! Looks like fun fellas.

The Lincoln National Forest here in New Mexico is now closed.:giveup:
Crapola! No more :rider:

Just want to let you guys know that I am brused, but not broken.

You are a great group and I hope that we can share the trails together again soon.

I'll be looking for more pictures.

Nace "Loose Bolt"

Nace Salomone "Loose Bolt said:
Just want to let you guys know that I am brused, but not broken.

You are a great group and I hope that we can share the trails together again soon.

I'll be looking for more pictures.

Nace "Loose Bolt"
Nace glad to hear you are okay, you had me a little worried. You are one tough hombre after taking a spill like that. I am working on a video which showcases all the water crossings, I hope to have it posted up tonight. For people with dialup it might be slow going but with broadband it should be a snap. The video is about 12 minutes long and about 29 meg.

whooweee...thanks for the vid.

Don't y'all know KLRs ain't made fer swimmin? :eek2:

All that mud...I woulda been like :giveup:

:rofl:

Looks like y'all had fun.

dbdolan said:
Here is the video of all the water crossings among other things we did in Arkansas. Sorry about the quality, I was using my cyber shot digital still camera in movie mode. It is about 11 min. but is packed full of action.
Small Low Q.version 28 mb.-http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7041703643273220931
Large high Q. version 80 mb. for broadband users-http://mcweb.woodstock.edu/~bdolan/Arkansas DS Ride4-30-06.wmv

Very Excellent!! thanks for the video! now that looked like a lot of fun :rider:

Those are some great pics, and awesome videos!

And the water crossings..more like DS dunking!:lol2:

:tab I only wish we had video of me doing that last surprise water crossing... :eek: It was over realll quick cause I hit it at about 35-40mph! The wake wave must have been something. Still not sure how I made it across :shrug: I must have been one with the Schwartz on that one! :lol2: Now let me go find a few teaser pics with which to torment you :-P

Ah yes... here we go ;-)

Typical of the "roads" we hit on Sunday, except that it is level :lol2:
DSC05155.JPG

Remember, it is ALWAYS steeper than it looks! :eek2:
DSC05160.JPG

Bob "Beemin" Krogman climbin a slick root/mud covered creek bank!
DSC05187.JPG

Steve "Desmo" Tanner negotiating the hidden baby head boulders!!
DSC05196.JPG

Contemplating the start of a gnarly hill climb out of the valley to nowhere...
DSC05203.JPG

It was horribly ugly duty, but someone had to be there to hear the trees ;-)
DSC05204.JPG

Steve "Desmo" Tanner lending Bill "Wasabi" Joye a lending hand on a really steep and slick uphill section... it was brutal... it was a blast!
DSC05220.JPG

Chris "Dirtbomb" Burns climbing out of a creek up some slick roots and mud.
DSC05225.JPG

Time for bed. The soreness has finally gone away :-| Being "Jousted" from your mount is never fun...

Last edited:
That looks like my kind of ride.

Would anyone mind to share some gps files?

Back