• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Another Newbie

Reaction score
Hello everyone! :-D

I have owned my current bike since april of last year. I primarely ride the FM roads on the west side of Houston but, am always looking for new and more exciting roads. I enjoy sport touring. I came off of a 1996 FZR600 with 24,000 miles on it. I hope to have 40,000 or more on the current ride before considering trading it off.

Give me a shout if your looking to ride.

Kelly

Howdy Kelly!

Welcome to the site. We've got quite a few Triumph riders here. The one parked in my garage belongs to fellow TWT member Scratch. His is an RS. We've long since sold our Legend 900. Have you been able to do any long distance touring on the ST yet? We hooked up with a group called the Triumph Sport Riders Assoc. a few years back while in North Carolina. They are a great bunch of folks from all over the country. There are quite a few here in Texas. We've done several of their National rallies in the last few years. I still subscribe to their mailing list but I mostly lurk.

:tab Once it starts warming up again, we'll be doing a lot of riding up here on the North side of Houston. I do all day rides out into East Texas. Look for the Butt Burner trip reports in the Story Telling/Tire Kicking forum. Hopefully, you'll be able to make it up sometime for some riding with us.

Adios,

Welcome Kelly
I live on the far west side of Houston (Bellville) and like to run the westside FM's too. Hope to see you on the road sometime!
You can never have to many Kelly's either! :chug:
Kelly

Hi Kelly,

I live on the northwest side of Houston, Spring Branch.

I am always looking to ride on the weekends.

Chris

Hey sphpkr,

:tab Scratch and I came through Bellville Sunday on the way home from Austin. There were horse trailers and rednecks everywhere!! :eek: There was also a LOT of horse poop on the roads leading out of town :-| I'm guessing that was the start point for one of the "trail rides" that head to Houston for the rodeo. There are some nice places to ride over by you. We came through Fayetteville and New Ulm.

Adios,

:tab We came through that area around 3-4pm. We stopped in Fayetteville and met Mike Ingles and some of his friends in the town square. Mike was on a brand spanking new Duc ST-4s. Hiw bud was on a Concours with his son as a passenger. We met another couple on a silver BMW R1150RT? (like John Bennett's bike). then we followed Mike and his friend for a bit until we cut off for New Ulm.

:tab The stretch coming out of Fayetteville is nice. But overall I was a little disappointed with the roads in the area. :roll: After everything so many of the local Houston riders have had to say about the area, I guess my expectations were a little high. But then, compared to anything right around Houston, those roads must seem like Heaven :lol:

Adios,

I was out and about on the Vmax Sunday. Lotso bikes out!
1291 from Fayetteville to New Ulm has one section of nice switchbacks but the road surface is past due for a re-pave.
The road from Cat Spring to Bellville is nice in spots. Especially if you skip the turn off to Bellville and just continue to Hwy 36.
FM 2754 from Nelsonville to Kenney can be a fun little road too.

Hey Kelly, welcome to the site. I live about 10 miles SW of the Grand Parkway and I-10. I mostly commute on my bikes, but am always interested in going for a ride. Not always able, but always interested.
Holler if you are wanting someone to ride with.

Tourmeister:

Yup...to a houstonian those roads in that area are heaven (any road that doesn't have a traffic jam is also considered heaven).

mrr1150gs:

I live at approx. Mason and I-10. I'll give you a shout next time I go out.

We should have a TWT get together in region some time since it appears to be frequent so often.

Cheers. :-D

We should have a TWT get together in region some time since it appears to be frequent so often.

Just find a good place and start a bike night! You can also do a regular ride meet. That is one of the reasons I started this forum ;-)

Adios,

I might could make it meet a group for the evening once or twice a month, that is if all the stars lined up right and the moon is the house of Gemini. My wife and I seem to trade weeks being out of town. That said, I think it is a great idea and would try my hardest to get out and meet some people. I would prefer it to be on the far west side though.
Any ideas? I know a great little BBQ place over off of FM 359, north of Richmond. The place is called The Swinging Door. They have several little rooms. We could probably take one over. Just an idea.

Chris, just plan it and see who shows ;-) Put the word on HSN too.

Adios,

Oh sure, if I plan it, I will have no excuse not to show!

I will check with my wife's PDA and figure out a day. Probably won't be before March 25th.

Back