• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

To Route 66 For Some Great BBQ

Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Wells III
Rode out to Route 66 to get some Great BBQ. Yes i found some Great BBQ in California didn't think it was possible but it was. I was raised in Texas & South Carolina. So i know what good bbq,potato salad,collard greens and mac-n-cheese is suppose to taste like well today i found the joint to go to. Best collards,mac-n-cheese & potato salad since i left SC in the mid-90's The BBQ the best i've had out here and better than most i had in Texas. Its take out only so we ate at a park a few blocks away.[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bke4A9L_O4&list=UUa5nV2VOnSSyPVjUdRIRZdQ"]To Route 66 For Great BBQ - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks for the video. I live in Central Texas and love me some BBQ, get mine from a little place called "Up In Smoke". :eat:

I have a friend who became a long haul trucker about two years ago. I've never been to California, but he absolutely loves it out there, and he's a die hard Texas boy. Says it's amazingly beautiful country, you're a lucky guy.

Thanks for the video. I live in Central Texas and love me some BBQ, get mine from a little place called "Up In Smoke". :eat:

I have a friend who became a long haul trucker about two years ago. I've never been to California, but he absolutely loves it out there, and he's a die hard Texas boy. Says it's amazingly beautiful country, you're a lucky guy.

I came out here for a woman, thats where i got lucky. The rest of being out here is just a bonus...

Your friend: what model of Harley and which engine does it have? It has a great "potato-potato" sound. I would ride one just to hear the engine. It reminds me of the choppers in Easy Rider.

Your friend: what model of Harley and which engine does it have? It has a great "potato-potato" sound. I would ride one just to hear the engine. It reminds me of the choppers in Easy Rider.

Thats my best buddy out here Paul's bike. He's from the UK and bleeds Harley. I'll have to get with him to see what it is. I'm not a Harley guy so i wouldn't know anything about it. He's going to get a 2015 Road King when they come out and sell that bike in the video. He's a machinist and OCD on things he keeps that bike in top notch condition. Heres a few photos...

Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr

Here Ya Go...

It is a 2003 FXDWG Wideglide, with fuel control, stage 1, Arlen Ness intake and Vance & Hines staggered Short Shot pipes that is where it gets the sound. It is lowered short shocks rear, progressive springs front. 18" rear wheel (standard 16") the front wheel is 21" but wider than standard to allow wider front tire for better handling. Runs on Avon Venom tires. Have put $7-8k in upgrades over past 2yrs. Also extra chrome: rear swing arm and front forks etc. Has Joker Machine rear taillight /license plate holder with turn light and front turn light, light bar between front forks.

Thanks for the information. He's obviously very good at customizing. A very clean, well built Harley. The sound yells "I'm a big, mechanical machine". Somebody in the Harley community will be proud to own it.

Thanks for the information. He's obviously very good at customizing. A very clean, well built Harley. The sound yells "I'm a big, mechanical machine". Somebody in the Harley community will be proud to own it.

Yea i don't think it will take him long to sell it.

Back