• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

GraceADV - Camp Meeting - Terlingua, TX - Big Bend

Reaction score
First Name
John
Last Name
Lane
Join the gang from GraceADV in Terlingua, TX for the first, annual Texas Camp Meeting.

http://www.gracemotoadv.com

2014 Camp Meeting - Chama
November 7-9, 2014
Terlingua, TX
Base Camp Longhorn Ranch

BaseCamp has been identified!!!!

Longhorn Ranch Motel and Campground
Call to Make Your Own Reservations:
(432) 371-2541 Office

Every room is two double beds, so you might want to get a roommate. There is tent camping in the RV park and they say there are bathrooms for the tent campers. There are only 24 rooms, so get yours quick if you plan to come.

Registration Open!!!

Multiple forms of feedback have encouraged us to shift the dates and move the event to the Big Bend area.

IMG_2097.jpg

DSCF0470_zps22899c06.jpg

Re: Davis Mountains in Late Fall - GraceADV

I lived in the Davis Mountain area for four years. Lots of good memories of cool summer air and being a lot younger than I am now. Count me as very interested.

Robert

I lived in the Davis Mountain area for four years. Lots of good memories of cool summer air and being a lot younger than I am now. Count me as very interested.

Robert

Dude...if you are coming on that...sweet yellow ride on your profile..... count me in...

I want to ride that thing!!!

Being a guitar playing worship leader and motorcycle rider,never been that far out west, yes I'd be interested. Please keep us informed. Lynn "Lynyrd" Boyd.:clap::rider:

We're going Wednesday, but will be ready again by fall!

I would be interested.
Suggest private messages as reminder, besides updating this thread.

Yes, I would definitely attend this event. I'm in Houston but I can ride to Alpine in one day. The Alpine and Big Bend area is my favorite place to be, and to ride in.

Stay tuned.....

Hope to have details sewed up by first of May. I think GraceADV will make it happen.

No worries about not being a tent camper....as I will make sure we have a block at a couple of motels in town.

I just need to find a basecamp.

My brother lives in Midland, so will probably rely on him being my intel on the ground. It isn't hard to twist his arm and ask him to jump on his Vstrom and do a weekend in the Davis Mountains on a scouting trip.

......stay tuned......

I am interested depending on the dates. The Uncle's ride earlier this month was my first time out there and I definitely want to go back.

Count me in . I have been on several rides with Big John and this man has a Passion and a Gift for organizing and riding.

I have introduced myself as the founder of GraceADV, a Christian Motorcycle Ministry.

We entertain all, but primarily, those that choose to explore on their motorcycles, be it adventure bike, sport touring, touring....etc.

Regarding our events....we are all about riding. We like to ride all day. We also offer some early morning prayer and Praise/Worship and some evening guitar picking around a camp fire. We are not intrusive, in your face Christians....we just love God and love to Ride!!!!

I was born in Alpine and graduated from HS from Fort Davis. I know the area and the riding is awesome.

Would anyone be willing to join GraceADV in the Alpine, Fort Davis or Marfa area for a fall event?

Sounds pretty cool. I would love to join in. My schedule is pretty crazy though so I would need a good bit of notice. I am not really much on camping but could probably suck it up and buy a tent if there aren't any hotels or cabins around. I am a sissy and need a shower (there I finally put it in print).:giveup:

I recommend calling Randy at Stone Village Tourist Camp in Fort Davis for a good rate on a block of rooms.

I recommend calling Randy at Stone Village Tourist Camp in Fort Davis for a good rate on a block of rooms.

Stone Village is a good place, but we are still trying to decide if we want Fort Davis or Alpine as the Base Camp. If we do Alpine, then a day loop through Big Bend is an option. It is also an option to run north to Fort Davis and McDonald Observatory and the loop around.

I am getting my brother to do a scouting trip shortly to figure out the base camp. We want accommodations for both those that want a motel or a tent.

Stay tuned.....

I was initially disappointed to be in Fort Davis with the HCBMWR ride but really enjoyed it and would base there again. Lots of nice day rides right nearby unlike an Alpine base and most are good enough to want to ride both ways. Alpine isn't far at all from Fort Davis, and the day trip to Big Bend for the River Road ride to Presidio and back through Marfa was great out of Fort Davis. We never even entered the park. Maybe next time!

Registration Open!!!

Click the link below:

http://www.gracemotoadv.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html

We are still working out the details of a Base Camp, but should know something by the end of May....allowing you to make your motel, cabin or tent reservations.

This is a family friendly environment for riders of all types of bikes. The area offers great dirt road, dual-sport riding, along with wonderful pavement loops.

The agenda is under construction, but expect a nice offering of ministry, great food and phenomenal riding.... as well as evening campfire gatherings and morning worship.

The History of the Camp Meeting.

The Camp Meeting is a phenomenon of American frontier Christianity. It was held for worship, preaching and communion during the Second Great Awakening in the early 19th century. This suited the frontier lifestyle well, as such areas were often too sparsely populated to support a church building and full-time ministers. Word of mouth told there was to be a religious meeting at a certain location. People were attracted to large camp meetings from a wide area. Families generally camped out at or near the revival site. Some came out of sincere religious devotion or interest, others out of curiosity and a desire for a break from the arduous frontier routine.

So why a Camp Meeting in 2014?

One might think that a Christian gathering that was common over 100 years ago in remote areas of the western frontier, might not have a place in today's culture and society, but in fact it does. When we can pack up our bikes and travel a fair distance, getting away from our daily responsibilities, we can more easily drop the cares and concerns of the world and seek a touch from God, a deeper relationship.

Is this going to be in Alpine?

Bloys Camp meeting happens every August a few miles out of Ft. Davis...

Gang.....we are shifting the dates and location......

November 7-9 outside of Terlingua....just north of Big Bend!

I am talking with property owners, but should have a base camp nailed down soon.

DSCF0465_zps47117285.jpg

Back