• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: 3/29 Ride around Livingston

Reaction score
OK... three weeks dealing with contractors, and they are finally GONE! The bike is getting upset with me... needs a ride.

Option #1:
I have a 6 hour ride put together, starting at Jitter's Coffee in Atascocita on W Lake Houston Rd, with lunch at the Texas Star Café in Colmsneil.

335 mile riding time, 6 hours riding time per Mr. Garmin. A good time for kick stands up (KSU) would be 9 am. Pic of the route from MapSource below.

Option #2...
I also have a 9 hour ride put together... just short of 500 miles
Start at the Flying J off of 59 and 242 north of New Caney. The route covers a number of the same roads, but also a loop over Lake Rayburn, down through Jasper for Lunch in Jasper at Smitty's Smokehouse. Pic of MapSource below.

who is interested in a nice, long ride??? Let me know what route sounds good, and who is interested!!!

Attachments

• Livingston 6 hour ride.jpg
    Livingston 6 hour ride.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 171
  • Livingston Jasper 10 hr.jpg
    Livingston Jasper 10 hr.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 178
Ready. 9 hour may be streaching it but I'll go along with what ever the group decides.

We will see what happens. The short route is about 330 miles I think. The wife says I should just go for a long ride, do I've pulled these two out. Maybe it's practice for a potential iron butt ss1000 to the tail of the Dragon in June. .. I've done a lot of long bike days, but I have no problem with the shorter route both look good to me.

BTW, if you haven't noticed what may be obvious... the longer trip pretty much just adds the loop to the east...

I haven't done any of these loops before, so it will be an exploring ride for me. I'm ready. Saturday is supposed to be just about perfect riding weather!

Man this sounds fun, but IDK if I'll be able to make this one. I'm going to have to play if by ear and just see what happens.

Iam ready whichever route, just need the seat time.:rider:

OK..... how about meeting up at about 830 Saturday at Jitters Coffee in Atascocita on W Lake Houston Parkway (just north of Will Clayton and Aerobic). KSU at 0900 from there.

If any Yankees (north of me) want to meet up at the Flying J at 242 and I 59, we can pull in there and catch you there. We should be there by 9:30 or 9:45.... Just let me know if we need to make the stop!

I figure we'll slab it up to Livingston to save some time and get to the main roads quicker.

Lunch should be about 11:30 or 12:00 at the Texas Star Café in Colmesneil...

Fuel stops.... we'll be apparently riding in areas that don't have a lot of fuel, so I'm thinking fill up in Livingston, Colmesneil, and Livingston again... that should cover even the 100 mile range bikes, and my bike with it's 140 mile range...

Weather looks like high 70s...

I'm riding a Yamaha FZ1, TJ29607 on his concourse, maybe Indy on the Triumph Speed Triple (?)... but this ride certainly isn't closed to the less sporty bikes... it will be a sane pace.... enough to be a good time, but reasonable...

Priority 1: don't get hurt or trash the bike
Priority 2: don't get arrested
Priority 3: have fun!

Let's go ride!

Last edited:
If it's ok I'll meet up with you at Flying J's around 9:30. Not sure where Jitters is located.

Ok... do it was just TJ29607 and me today. We met up at flying j and headed out at about 945. I got home at about 530. 3 had stops, Lunch at the Texas star cafe in Colmesneil... no pics (sorry! ).

The center of the 3 mini - loops up near Lufkin was good, but maybe not worth the extra time on 59 to get there. ... FM 256 on the east side of colmesneil was much better than 256 to the west. We should have dinner more of 942.

We got in some good seat time I had a great riding partner, good roads, GREAT weather, and no crashes or discussions with LEO's. ... a good day of exploring for me!

We'll I said I needed the seat time and I got it. When I pulled into the driveway I looked at how many miles I had logged and was expecting to see at least 500 miles but it was only 350. Good ride, got to go on some roads I had not ridden before and one that was really fun ( to bad it's so far up hwy 59 from me ). Thanks Steve for putting this ride together. Look forward to the next one. :rider:

Back