• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bluebonnets

Reaction score
Morning Guys and Gals!
I'm trying to make a few points with SWMBO and would like to see some Bluebonnets. She wants to take the Fifth Wheel so I'd like to stay within 3 hours of home. It looks like Lake Fairfield near Mexia would be a good destination.
Are there any good Wild Flower Routes close to there?
Thanks, Don

Ennis has the "bluebonnet trail" and isn't far from there. If you check in, they usually update the route each weekend (maybe more often) for maximum bluebonnet viewing.

http://www.visitennis.org/bluebonnet.htm

My wife likes it enough that it's on our yearly "to-do" list.

Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Down further South, be sure to check out Kerrville, Fredricksburg, and the road between there and Lampasas through Johnson City.

Tiptoe, through the tulips... :jammin:

Oh... sorry, carry on...

Tiptoe, through the tulips... :jammin:

Oh... sorry, carry on...

:rofl::rofl:

I agree with Ennis - best bluebonnet viewing in north Texas that I've ever found. Just follow the maps on their website, and be prepared to offer the appropriate oohs & aahs.

Been watching the blues head north the last couple of weeks. The best I saw last week were along 1604 on the west side of San Antonio. In the past the best I've seen were along the Willow City Loop then north to Llano. East of Ennis has some of the blues anywhere. Shaping up to be a excellent wildflower year. Lucky you. Still winter here.

Lynyrd told me he was at Willow City Loop just about a week ago, and there was nada.

Lynyrd told me he was at Willow City Loop just about a week ago, and there was nada.
I'm guessing things will be prime by the end of the month. Very little in the hill country last week but lots from SA south. Big field of them between Flores and Pleasanton exit next to 37 two weeks ago.

Back