• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New addition to the family...

Duke

Reaction score
First Name
Duke
While not as impressive as Kurt's new ride, I am pretty excited that the stork delivered this to me today, and I can't wait to put it to work.

i-J2jg5Km-L.jpg

And some fun examples of this thing at work I found on the web.

Watch the first 1:30 of this one... :rider:
[ame="http://youtu.be/G9eaq_xYtUY"]D4s - the 1st Month - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://youtu.be/0icO3SSSDLE"]Nikon D4s - football TEST - YouTube[/ame]

A very talented photographer.
http://vimeo.com/wildlifephotographytours/nikond4sreview

You officially suck. :mrgreen:

Can't wait to see what comes out of it, frame by frame.

I've been thinking about this since you posted last night. It's certainly the #1 camera if you asked me. Seems like Nikon works the bugs out in the "S" versions and those are the ones to get. Can't wait to hear your initial impressions. I can't imagine it being anything short of amazing.

BTW, I'd take it over Kurt's new ride any day of the week. :mrgreen:

Wow, that oughta grab the action at Hallett !!!!

PS - talked to Nancy last night .... yer on the gate list ;-)

Fingers crossed here too! Can't wait to see how that new body performs with the new glass.

Any interest in doing some tripod 'comparison shots' with the D800 vs D4s? Like choose a subject, same settings or controls and let 'er rip.

After watching that first video, "letting her rip" sounds about right! :brainsnap

Fingers crossed here too! Can't wait to see how that new body performs with the new glass.

Any interest in doing some tripod 'comparison shots' with the D800 vs D4s? Like choose a subject, same settings or controls and let 'er rip.

Sure will. I will start a new thread for that. But not certain that there will be a huge difference in the reduced for web image. The d800 is nearly 37mpx and teh D4s is less than 17mpx. The biggest trade up is shutter speed and iso. Well that is my prediction. I will do some test shots with the same lens to see.

After watching that first video, "letting her rip" sounds about right! :brainsnap

That's what my wife did to me when she figured out how much I spent! Basically I spent my new GSAdv budget on this. But since Dianne came around I have been riding less anyway so its her fault! :duck:

.....The biggest trade up is shutter speed and iso.

...and 1/3 faster focus lock time. :photo:

Or does your D800 have the same focus lock software? I know it's a third faster than the D700

I am beyond pissed off right now...

Ignore everything you see in the above videos. Because it is dead after taking a total 29 shots between last night and this morning.

i-wctQRdb-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Dang, I would be one very unhappy camper. Back to the store it goes.

I am beyond pissed off right now...

Ignore everything you see in the above videos. Because it is dead after taking a total 29 shots between last night and this morning.

i-wctQRdb-XL.jpg

:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :doh:

OK. so I took a break, sulked, to a nap, washed the truck. Then came back upstairs and asked Dianne to kiss the battery and re-insert. Err message was there…. Ug… I then was showing Dianne that it was indeed broke, and the 'frackin thing took a picture. I have since taken almost 125 pics using different setting including the high speed burst… far as I can tell all is good.

Not much I can do today anyway because Nikon and B&H are both closed. But this will be returned/exchanged next week.

Duke, I was about to link you over to a thread on fredmiranda... then I realized you already found it. :mrgreen:

It's good to know you aren't the only one, but it stinks that no one has an explanation. I wonder if Nikon even has an explanation. :wary:

:) yeah, Scott pointed me there Saturday. I didn't realize that Fredmranda was such an active forum, i thought it was craigslist type place for photo gear. I created me an account and spent way too much time on there yesterday.

As for my predicament, I hung up with B&H around 10am this morning. We are exchanging it out. Barely any questions asked, absolutely painless to get a RMA label to ship it back. Replacement should be here Friday. Fingers Crossed.

Glad they are taking care of it without any hassles. Still a bummer to have a new toy poop out like that.

:) yeah, Scott pointed me there Saturday. I didn't realize that Fredmranda was such an active forum, i thought it was craigslist type place for photo gear. I created me an account and spent way too much time on there yesterday.

As for my predicament, I hung up with B&H around 10am this morning. We are exchanging it out. Barely any questions asked, absolutely painless to get a RMA label to ship it back. Replacement should be here Friday. Fingers Crossed.

That's great to hear! I would really expect nothing less from them. :clap: Sure hope you don't run into that problem with the next one.

RE: Fredmiranda... that's the only photo forum I look at, other than twtex of course. I love the "Presentation Boards." There are some amazing photographers doing amazing work. I'm particularly blown away by the landscape guys every time I look.

So we're at 10 months since you got BadBoy#2.

Any updates or impressions/thoughts?

He's married now. No time to play with his toys! :-P

Back