• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

1977 R100/7 worth?

LDB

Reaction score
First Name
Leo
I've got a 1977 R100/7 one owner with about 40k miles on it. It's got the package they did that year with the qd bags that carry in as luggage, full fairing and full size top case. It's been sitting for a very long time so it will need all new rubber anything, battery, tune up etc. but the motor is not locked up. It's been inside all it's life so it's not weather beaten. It also has a very comfortable custom seat from someone I can't for the life of me remember his name but in the 70's was pretty well known as I recall and was from Neosho, MO. as I recall. I was planning to get it restored and ride it but now I'm thinking about going with something smaller to fit my needs. I'd like to see it go to someone who wants a really good foundation for a project bike that isn't all that much of a project. Obviously I want to get as much as possible. What's a realistic asking price?

Looks about like this, I suppose?

bmw_r1007.jpg

I bought an R100RT in the same shape...good cosmetically but stored indoors for many years. It needed rubber everything, cables, fluids, tank liner, etc. I've got about $900 in OEM parts and another $600 at least in misc. ebay stuff, gas tank refurb, tires, etc...it adds up quickly. Good news is it's not hard work unless you need to get into the bowels of the engine to replace seals.

Not sure if the 100/7 is unusual or collectible, but it seems like the market for a good running 100RT is south of $3K.

South of $3K sounds right. Better deals are after one of these is restored, no matter how much $$$$ added to get it back on the road, it won't lift that $3K to over $4K. But if you fix it for $500 - $900, you can drive it for free for 5 years.

Back