• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

09 FJR won't start

Reaction score
Hey guys, after pulling the fairing to fix the mirror, now my bike won't start. Battery's charged, the starter's spinning (seemingly faster than normal?), but it won't fire. Anyone have any ideas? I'm supposed to leave for CO tomorrow for a week on my bike. This could put a real damper on it...

CM

Never mind! Turns out she was just mad at me for not riding for two weeks. Stayed on the starter and she finally fired. Crisis averted!

My old K12RS did the same thing, without removing anything. It was the day after returning from a long road trip without a problem. Oddly enough an FJR rider freind told me to just keep cranking it and sure enough as happened for you, it fired. No idea what caused it and never had the problem again

Absolutely replace the battery before you leave. Mine did that a few years ago just before a trip to Maine... I wound up bump-starting it in a Washington D.C. motel parking lot. The FJR is a heavy bike.

Moral to the story. Never work on your bike just prior to going on a trip to Colorado. Last time I did that I ended up with a seized fork! Still waiting to do that trip. :( Enjoy yours.

Just had to replace the battery on my 07 FJR. Went for a 300 mile ride got home covered it up. Went to crank it 3 days later and nothing,dead as a door nail. Jumped it with the car battery. Let it run for awhile and put it on the charger over night. Got up the next day it cranked right up so i put it back on the charger till late afternoon. Got up the next day to go for a ride and it was dead again. No ride that day.

Better to find that out at home than at a cold campsite where you are all alone. :D

Back