• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Yamaha Launch June 5th

Nooner

Reaction score
I'm planning to be there. Anyone else?

I found this in my inbox. Someone from Austin needs to go check this out and oh, take a camera. The ad mentioned heading to the FZ9 booth so it sounds like something with their triple motor. IF it is a FJ9, can you go ahead and put a deposit down on it please. :mrgreen:

Unveil_main_65_zpsf8989946.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

If I knew it was gonna be their 2015 Super Tenere with triple cylinders, I'd be there. But I heard it was most likely an unveiling of the FZ-07. I'm sure that'll be a great bike, but I want a triple Tenere. 1200 or 750! Now!

If I knew it was gonna be their 2015 Super Tenere with triple cylinders, I'd be there. But I heard it was most likely an unveiling of the FZ-07. I'm sure that'll be a great bike, but I want a triple Tenere. 1200 or 750! Now!

I dunno that I am convinced it is the mt/fz07...

a 660/750 Tenere would be a dream come true, for some reason I am thinking(hoping) it might be a fj09 street oriented adventure tourer. :eat:

Bike Magazine in the UK reviewed the MT7 and liked it. It makes sense to bring it here but sometimes they tweak it for the US market. I am still hoping for a triple something.

I am eager to see what they unveil.

Maybe something like this'ish...

Yamaha%20XT660%20Tenere%2008%20%201.jpg

...with integrated luggage.

RB

I am eager to see what they unveil.

Maybe something like this'ish...

Yamaha%20XT660%20Tenere%2008%20%201.jpg

...with integrated luggage.

RB

a 660 would be so sweet...

but you know what would be better? a fz09 based xt900 to compete with the Tiger 800 and f800... /drool

but you know what would be better? a fz09 based xt900 to compete with the Tiger 800 and f800... /drool

Yea, the above design with a triple in it would be compelling. I'll be happy with the above 660'ish profile and the MT-07 engine. The clock is ticking.

RB

Yea, the above design with a triple in it would be compelling. I'll be happy with the above 660'ish profile and the MT-07 engine. The clock is ticking.

RB

Ever since seeing the pics of the MT/FZ 07's engine compared to the MT/FZ 09... The more vertically oriented cylinder of the 07 engine has intrigued me. Why would Yamaha go to this extreme between cylinder angle other than offering the MT/FZ 07 engine in a more compact frame (aka Dual Sport)
I'm still hoping......

But I've also hoped for a TDM900 here in the US since it was released back in 2002! Mabe the triple would be used in a V Strom ish TDM 09 setup & the twin in a more XT660 type XT 07 ??

But I've also hoped for a TDM900 here in the US since it was released back in 2002! Mabe the triple would be used in a V Strom ish TDM 09 setup & the twin in a more XT660 type XT 07 ??

There is reportedly a FJ-09/FJ9/FJ09 on the horizon, that might be the TDM900 you are wishing for... but then again, I would think it more likely to use the FZ09 motor in that than the 900's parallel twin.

I really think there is more $$$ to be made in the 800cc(ish) adv segment than in Sport Touring though... (even though I LOVED my Ducati ST2)

I wish they were holding one in Houston too or that it was at lunchtime so it could be a daytrip.

It's got to be a MT/FZ7 type of model. I bet the cover comes off at 7:00pm on June 7th on the corner of 7th and Congress.

Still who would think that an event like this in downtown Austin at the tail end of rush hour would be a good idea?

Ok... so my calendar reading skills aren't what they used to be. Now where did I leave my reading glasses???

Ever since seeing the pics of the MT/FZ 07's engine compared to the MT/FZ 09... The more vertically oriented cylinder of the 07 engine has intrigued me. Why would Yamaha go to this extreme between cylinder angle other than offering the MT/FZ 07 engine in a more compact frame (aka Dual Sport)
I'm still hoping......

I "heard" from the deep within the bowels of rumorville, it is a MT-07 bike with luggage and fairing of sorts. If I am wrong, I owe you a tank of scooter gas at the next RTE. For me, I would prefer tubeless spoke wheels and a geometry that make it friendly for going over mild class 1-2 rocky roads without bottoming out etc. and weighs under 420.

...and now you know the rest of the story.

Good day,

RB

I might walk down there. I work just a few blocks up. I'll even have time to have a drink.

I have an informal bet going, but it is going to be the MT-07 which is about 15 pounds lighter than the FZ9. Sporty low-end torque, very nimble and a worthy replacement for the Suzuki Gladius/SV650. If it is the naked Euro version we have seen already, then that is what is being introduced tomorrow. But the draped picture seems to indicate a top-case, windshield/fairing included in the US version.

RB

I am pretty sure that picture is a mt07 or fz09 - but it could also be a stock photo. Good way to get people talking about the mt07/fz09 imho.

I really hope it is something we don't know about yet (from other parts of the world). The promise of 'several' releases is possibly good news in that regards?

SR400
FJ09
FZ07
XT7
XT9

Really the only one I am not too excited about is the MT07/FZ07 - seems with the FZ09 already in existence it'd need to be something smaller and cheaper/more efficient to really justify all this hype, unless they are gonna sell the FZ07 for sub 5k.... :eat:

My prediction: It's the new MT-07 with a 12 pack of Lone Star on the pillion seat.

Sent using Tapatalk.

Back