• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Dual Sport Rental for a day or two in Houston...

my6

Reaction score
First Name
David
Guys, I have an old riding buddy coming into town for the 13th and 14th of this month who would like to ride down memory lane with me around the Humble area where it all began for us. If anyone has a mid size DualSport that they'd consider renting out for for a couple of days let me know. This will be an easy ride just riding the roads and maybe even a trail or two if they even still exist, which I doubt, from our early days. So there will be no abusement to the bike. PM me if interested...

Dave/My6

Today, My longtime friend of 44 years, Stan and I got to ride together the roads and trails of Humble/Kingwood that sparked our many years of racing and riding. Somethng we had not done together since 1973. All thanks to "Mikeylikesit". A guy neither of us had ever met, but thanks to the passion WE ALL share he let us ride away with his KLR/685 perhaps to never see it again. I don't know if Stan who lives in Tennessee and I will ever get the chance to ride together again, but we got to today all thanks to a new friend of mine named MIKE. I owe ya one...:clap::clap::rider:

Great story!

yep . . been a lot that's developed around those areas for sure .
used to be all woods from San Jacinto river East fork way back side of white oak plantation plum grove used to run those deer lease trails and private club dirt roads back in the 70`s as am quite sure now they are long gone or all paved between old humble oil field and Cleveland if there was a rabbit trail we hit that too. we ran couple of Ellsinore's and DT 250s back then

Today, My longtime friend of 44 years, Stan and I got to ride together the roads and trails of Humble/Kingwood that sparked our many years of racing and riding. Somethng we had not done together since 1973. All thanks to "Mikeylikesit". A guy neither of us had ever met, but thanks to the passion WE ALL share he let us ride away with his KLR/685 perhaps to never see it again. I don't know if Stan who lives in Tennessee and I will ever get the chance to ride together again, but we got to today all thanks to a new friend of mine named MIKE. I owe ya one...:clap::clap::rider:

viewmotorcyclehonda31_zps69b029bb.jpg

_

Very nice story Dave, having a chance to see a friend after so many years and getting the use of a bike from a fellow board member is priceless!

Thanks for the kind words Dave. It was nice meeting you and Stan yesterday and glad y'all had a good time riding together again. We should all be so lucky to have long time friends like that. You don't owe me anything, it was my pleasure.

Dang it, now we are going to have to quit talking bad about Mike. GOOD ON YOU MIKE!!!

Posted using a bit of magic. . . In other words with a bit of luck.

Back