• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Is anyone racing in the Red River........

Reaction score
Is anyone racing Sunday? I have been out of town for almost a month, but I was planning on racing in my first Enduro on Sunday. Is anyone else planning on being there?

Cheers,

tp

I'm planning on racing Sunday. It will be my first as well.

I'm out with injury. Robby (Boomhauer), Uwe and Amber are definites, Hammer (Darren) is busy looking for excuses :rofl: As Amber sez "he's skeered"

You guys sure picked a **** of an enduro for your first one, have tons of fun and remember to pace yourself to last the whole event and tripple check brake pads. Looking forward to the reports.

letsride said:
I'm out with injury. Robby (Boomhauer), Uwe and Amber are definites, Hammer (Darren) is busy looking for excuses :rofl: As Amber sez "he's skeered"

Hey you turkey. I'm not skeered at all. Maybe if all of you smart alecks ALL phoned my various bosses this week, they'd cancel this major software install that is planned for Sunday just so I can prove you wrong.
There is about a 2% chance that Finance will find some major bug in the next three days and it will get called off.
I've registered on the same row as Robby and Uwe so if it gets called off, I'll be there.
Otherwise, I'll be sitting in the same chair I'm in right now, madder than an hornet that I'm not at Red River.

Row?? I'm not even 100% sure how I'm gonna get there. I'm gonna just tell them this is my first one and let them decide. I'm figuring probably somewhere near the back so I don't get in the way, but the trail will be pretty torn up by the time I get around so I don't know if I really wanna do that. You wanna try and get the same row?

I have to work Saturday so if there are no assignments Saturday night I may try to sneak out early and camp.

I have put in for the first couple of rows. Mainly to get through the course before it gets really torn up. From what I understand, the big dogs will be in the 40's, so I will be far enough ahead of them to stay out of the way.

What are you riding? I will be on a KX250 in black and gray pants and jersey (like 100 other people I am sure).

Cheers,

tp

Being in the front is going to result in being passed by a HUGE number of people.
I hate to upset your expectations but being 40 minutes ahead of the Class A riders won't be enough.
Being your first enduro, I would guess that you'll be 40-60 minutes off the mark by the end of the short course.

But, I could be completely wrong and you could smoke everyone.

Being in the front will definitely be an advantage for you for at least the first half of the short course I would guess. You should be able to get that far before being passed by a significant number of the REALLY fast guys that are going to tear up the course.

Hammer,

Thanks for the info. With this being my first race, I was just going off of a suggestion from a guy I ride with. He usually likes starting up front. I have no idea how I will fare, but I am going to find out. Hey, everyone had their first race at one point........

I am certainly not opposed to starting after the expert riders and would actually prefer not to deal with being in their way. It will be interesting to see how things go........

Cheers

Pfft, from what I recall you ride better than most. The only thing I think'll bite you in the "short and curlies" is your stamina. The pace we were settign that day was doable for an enduro but still not ontrack by a large margin.

Makes me right mad, at myself mainly, I won't be able to attend either. With anyluck I'll be back ontrack about the time ol "crooked leg" is. :lol2: If all the parts get in in time I am gonna go find me a nice flat spot to putz around on and pretend at least.

Good luck MZ. I clearly remember my first enduro where I was way over my head. But I had essentially no dirt experience when I did that.

I'm sure you'll do just fine. You'll probably just get a little surprised by the number of people that go smoking by you. It can be a humbling experience.

I am just out there to have a good time and meet some new people. It will be fun to ride with heaps of other bikes around. I know just how fast alot of the riders out there are, and you are right, it can be a little shocking the first time you are around fast rider.

Cheers,

tp

The big install that was happening this weekend has been postponed.

Hammer's racing the Red River Enduro.

Stay tuned for some spectacular getoffs and an incredibly entertaining ride report.

I'll post a link because it won't meet the editorial standards of this board.
That's in no way a criticism of this board. I enjoy it here and will continue to contribute.

But my dirt ride reports get a little colourful and are not appropriate on this forum.

MZrider, OldBMW,

How was the race? the first enduro is always an incredible experience, lets hear your thoughts/experiences.

I couldn't find a way to get there, and didn't want to ride the bike there, race, puke, pass out, and then ride home.

letsride said:
MZrider, OldBMW,

How was the race? the first enduro is always an incredible experience, lets hear your thoughts/experiences.

WOW!!!!! That is still what comes to mind when I try to piece together that ride...............

Those guys put together a very stout course. It took everything I had to fight through it.

I am still working on a more detailed report, but in short: Amazing course, Bill's Woods is a fun area, the heat sucked BAD, mile 40-49 I was all but unconscious. My goal was to finish; I did, but houred out. I was crazy exhausted by the time I finished, forgot about turning in my scorecard.

More to come...........

Just to let you guys know I have done every enduro except the Sidewinders and this one was by far the toughest. Tight woods and some awesome hill climbs. Just ask my bike because she decided to go off a 30 foot cliff.:giveup:

It was fun but very tough. JMO Nothing like riding with your friends and razzing them along the way.

Hammer your report is funny!!!!!!!!:clap:

Boomhauer said:
Just to let you guys know I have done every enduro except the Sidewinders and this one was by far the toughest. Tight woods and some awesome hill climbs. Just ask my bike because she decided to go off a 30 foot cliff.

now why, oh why, does a certain comment about the monkey connecting the seat to the handlebars come to mind???:-P

Back