• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Boots

Weaver

Reaction score
would love to hear recommendations on boots...

im getting another jacket (the one i have is too tight in the shoulders) and need to get a pair of boots soon....

help? :)

I use Justin Ropers. I have a old pair that work pretty well for me. I wear a size 12 so must other boots I have a real hard time getting underneath the gear shift. I need to look at moving the shifter up a little. Let me know what you do about a jacket as I am in need of one also. I have been thinking about New-Gear mesh as it is always so hot here.

htown71 said:
I use Justin Ropers. I have a old pair that work pretty well for me. I wear a size 12 so must other boots I have a real hard time getting underneath the gear shift. I need to look at moving the shifter up a little. Let me know what you do about a jacket as I am in need of one also. I have been thinking about New-Gear mesh as it is always so hot here.

getting this one in a 50:

tz1blk_410x418.jpg

so ill have this one for sale in a 48 (which i wear in a sportcoat but its a bit small in the shoulders on me....):

b9164d14fd0b9f88bbbf390664002339_rough.jpg

I wear Teknic Lightning boots (they make'em in mens and womens). I like them a whole lot. I complete the whole look with a pair of thicker socks underneath because I like my boots to fit a little on the snug (but not too tight) side.

They are $179.99 for both men and women sizes. Or you can sign up for the discount program at 1888fastlap.com and get'em for $165.99

teknic%20lightning%20collage%202005.jpg

look good....

i do have some steel toe redwings i could wear for the time being i guess..... im weird about my feet so i will most likely want to try several types on first.....

I've heard good stuff about the Oxtar boots. I have a set of BMW labeled dual sport boots that are made by Oxtar and they work real well for me. I've stood in lots of water for long periods of time and my feet have always stayed dry. I do think they run a little wide though.

Another vote for the Oxtar Matrix. Very comfy and waterproof, but not too hot for summer riding. I love mine. In fact, I picked up an extra pair...just in case they stop making them before I wear out my first pair.

I just wear engineer's boots on the street. They're steel toed, got 60 bucks off 'em due to plant benefits at the time. Anything for a break. I've got a pair of Spidi something for racing and an old pair of AGV pro race that are pretty worn.

What I wear depends on what kind of riding I'm doing and what the weather is. I picked up a pair of Gaerne ST drys from newenough.com (close out)
http://gaerne.rideshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_4&products_id=27
If the weather is cool and rainy they get the nod. Too warm and not breathable enough for hot weather, but you can ride all day in the rain and your feet are dry.

General riding, or riding when I know heavy rain isnt in the forecast and I use Chippewas
http://www.chippewaboots.com/boots/...nder=4&sType=287&sSubType=&id=27422&find=true

Plenty comfy and I can walk all day in them. When I'm touring for several days I throw a pair of chocko rain covers in the trunk.

I'd be careful with leather soles, you can bust yer butt pretty fast with the limited traction they can offer.

Back