• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RIDE TO EAT: Julys MeetnGreetnEat....With a Ride on the side - 7/13

Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Wright
Well fellow riders it is that time again. The time for another world famous meet and greet and eat. This one is a little different than the last few we have had. For this event we will be in the town of Gruene at the Gristmill River Restaurant @ Bar. The restaurant is a bit fancy compared to many of our other locations. Plenty of seating but they take no reservations so we need to try to get there early before the tourist crowds. They have a big menu as well as dessert. Parking is across the street at a community parking area. The place is right beside the hugely popular Gruene hall where many famous musicians have gotten there start. Normally there is a free concert on Sundays,so if you like music this is a place you can hang afterwards and enjoy local talent. Just look for the water tower and you can find both places. The date is Sunday the 13th at 11am or arrive before if possible. Hang out and visit and maybe make yourself a new friend. Looking forward to more folks from Austin and the surrounding areas to show for this gathering of the tribe since we are so close.

Camping is also special this time. One of our most famous members is generous enough to let us use his place in Canyon Lake. Yes we will be camping at Beemerless Bobs abode. This will be a the last time that Bob and crew will be letting us camp at their place. The Saint and Bob will be on the road sampling cooler climates soon. So let us TWT members give Bob a big send off. Make sure to shake his hand and tell him thank you for all he has done since joining TWT. All the camp outs and meals and good company,we thank you Bob. As many of you know Bob has a
lovely home where we can spread out and relax at. Camping will be the Saturday before which is the 12th.

I always enjoy all the regulars as well as many new editions. If you are a new or recent TWT member do your best to make it so that you can match faces to site names. Any of you that have never been to a meet and greet well this is the time. Come join in on the stories and the multitude of different motorcycles and riders.

Gristmill Restaurant and Bar Lets fill up the parking lot with motorcycles.
1287 Gruene road
New Braunfels,Texas
1-830-606-1287

100_2552-001_zpscdbf5a73.jpg

The entrance of the expansive place!

100_2555-001_zpsd0eb134b.jpg

A band playing out by the Gristmill.

100_2558-002_zpsf54e621b.jpg

Beautiful container flowers up front.

100_2553-001_zps85644bc4.jpg

Gruene hall.

100_2551-001_zps37e8acbf.jpg

Poor J Brown band playing in Gruene hall.
100_2548-001_zps7f853970.jpg

Sign up today to avoid the last minute rush.:rofl: Camping Saturday the 12th and eating Sunday the 13th. Please let us know if you plan on attending.

"INS":eat:
Beemerless Bob
Austin RT +1
Zephyr
Kickstand~prophet
KamLeeR
Mrs. C
greeneggs@ham
Ouroboros
ADV Dodge+1
Whiskey Smith
Mr2mch
Bajaexplorer
Hail
solorider
rhodyne
mikes old virago
JMZ at +1
SpiritAtBay
hizzo3
Hotair
euromedic + Mrs. Euromedic
Serge L
budrex
tango +1
sailgunner
ghostrider1964
TimberCat
TimeToRide
Tossing lead
Shovel
Clingon
TexTom
Jeff S
TheD-Man +1
Kurt
SilverStreakx
Not Dave+1
youzguyz

"MAYBEES":scratch:
badabing70
WoodButcher
sKatZ
Tx Northstar

Last edited:
Re: Julys MeetnGreetnEat....With a Ride on the side

I'm in! I think I will attend the campout too!

By the way, this will be the last event at our place. Sadly, we are moving. Destination north of Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By the way, this will be the last event at our place. Sadly, we are moving. Destination north of Texas.

Can't be too late to change your mind!
All of Texas will miss you.

put me as maybe... I need my stickers.

:tears::tears::tears:We might have to take up a collection to bribe you to stay. Bob if you can please post your address for those who have never been to your place. Thank you so much for the use of your property.

MY6 and I are going to try to make it. Right now I'm busy selling guitars, guns, and artwork so I can justify buying a new CRF250L. Save a spot for our tent.

:shooter: :jammin: :flip:

In for camping and Sunday MG&E. Hopefully, UralBob will be riding with us to the restaurant.

BB moving reason alone to come and spend a few more moments with them. In! +1 maybe.

Gristmill is rated one of the top 5 best chicken fried steak places in Texas. I'd like to go but not sure about making it that far. Enjoy your cfs.

Might have to swing by there. I can remember my friends asking if I wanted to go to Gruene hall and see George Strait. I asked who he was. They said he's really good , probably make it big someday . I never saw him there but did see him at SWTSU one time .

Signatures ???? We don't need no stinking signatures !!!!!

Last edited:
Mrs. C and greeneggs&ham will be there. We are about 30 miles from Gruene so we should be early. :eat: :thumb: But I should be able to make that a 100 mile one way ride if I start early enough. :rider:

BajaExplorer told me about this. I am so glad so many people are looking out for my gastrointestinal health. :hail:

Sam

CAMPOUT DETAILS

Where:
3160 Summit Drive
New Braunsfels, tx 78132

If you are using GPS, my technical address is New Braunfels but in reality I am in the Canyon Lake area just outside the community of Sattler.

Head to the town of Sattler, at the main intersection of 2673 and River road (the only red light in town and a Valero station), turn southwest on River Road. Follow river road for about 1.5 miles. You will see a sign for the Summit RV resort on the left after crossing the river and the actual resort will be on your right. Turn left when you see the resort, that is Summit Drive. You will go up a hill about 900 feet then Summit drive will take a sharp vier to the left. Continue left on Summit drive up a steep incline. Follow Summit drive for not quite a mile, my place will be on the right. I'll have my Ural or something noticeable parked I the front.

Facilities:
Not much is the way of grounds to set up a tent. If you tried to set up a tent in my back yard, you would roll down the hill. We do, however, have a large deck and several have pitched their tents on the deck. Additionally there is a large level graveled area underneath the deck that make for a nice place to hang a hammock. We also have a large living room where one can simply put down a bedroll for the night. (Wife does ask that you not put tent stakes in the living room floor)

If you have an RV, we are members of the summit resort and can get you a nice spot at the campgrounds for $35 a night.

So not much in the way of actual campgrounds (but we can find a spot for you), we do however have great views, a large fire pit, grill and outside fridge.

WHAT NIGHTS?

With the RTE being on Sunday (7/13), the main campout will be Saturday night (7/12) but all are welcome to also camp that Friday (7/11) or Sunday night (7/13). Just let me know.

WHY WILL THIS BE OUR LAST EVENT?

The Saint and I are running away to go see the USA. We have bought a larger RV and are going to live in that for a while. Our plans; We will head north to get out of the heat and when it gets cold, we migrate south. We may also go west and east when we tire of going north and south. How's that for a plan?

Last edited:
WHY WILL THIS BE OUR LAST EVENT?

The Saint and I are running away to go see the USA. We have bought a larger RV and are going to live in that for a while. Our plans; We will head north to get out of the heat and when it gets cold, we migrate south. We may also go west and east when we tire of going north and south. How's that for a plan?

Sounds like an excellent plan.

As far as camping, I don't know yet.

Sounds like an excellent plan. "When you see a fork in the road, take it." :)

Bob, I'll be camping Saturday night. Thanks for having us.

An idea: when you, The Saint, and Hunter are on the road, how about having a once a month "Bob's Rendezvous". It may be Bangor, Maine, Medina, Texas or Robbinsville, North Carolina, depending the weather, but you'll need TWT company every once in awhile.

Bob, I'll be camping Saturday night. Thanks for having us.

An idea: when you, The Saint, and Hunter are on the road, how about having a once a month "Bob's Rendezvous". It may be Bangor, Maine, Medina, Texas or Robbinsville, North Carolina, depending the weather, but you'll need TWT company every once in awhile.

+1 on that Robert! Wouldn't that be fun?!

BB and The Saint, save me a spot for bedroll somewhere, please!

Back