• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Double Take mirrors

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
Anybody with experience help me! I have them on both sides, right will not stay tight on rough roads, ideas???? Very frustrating for the price.

Where are they moving? I would swap on piece at a time with the left and find the offending piece. If the clamp is sliping on the ball you can sand the ball a little with rough sand paper so it is not so slick.(I stole this from a guy on ThumperTalk when my aux light would not stay put.) You can also look at the clamp inside and make sure it does not have any pieces where it didn't come out of the mold clean, this will not allow it to clamp the full surface area of the ball.

Is your ball from DT? or some other brand?

Ball might be deformed from being clamped for too long.
I have several balls, some from DT and some from another brand.
I suspect the other brand use different rubber and deform too easy.

Anyhow, if that's the case, you just rotate the ball so the clamp doesn't use the deformed area.

I dip my RAM balls in plasticdip when they start to slip. The stuff you use to coat handles of tools. Pickup up a container at HD. Only problem was it was very hard to reseal the can, so plan on using it all up. I did a couple of RAM balls and some pliers. And the clamps on my harbor freight tire changer.

Back