• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Most potent grip glue?

Reaction score
What is the most potent grip glue that can be bought over the counter?

For my foot peg, I tried Renthal grip glue, but it's weak. It's like rubber cement.
I can peel it off with my finger nail. I tried Krylon spray paint;
not strong enough. It started slipping under my weight.

The stock hand grips are attached with insanely strong glue.
I need something like that.

foot-peg-honda.jpg

Dunno what OEM used but Weatherstrip Adhesive available at your local, friendly auto parts store has worked fine for me, like, forever.

the best stuff I have ever used came with a set of Italian grips. unfortunately it was the foulest smelling stuff I have ever smelled and I have smelled burned bodies.

weather strip adhesive as already mentioned, especially 3M brand, would be good or TEC screws will do the job.

I use the stuff that came with my grips, but on the dirt bikes add safety wire.

I use the stuff that came with my grips, but on the dirt bikes add safety wire.

Unfortunately, these rubber foot pegs are not compatible with safety wire.
The rubber foot pegs have air pockets that damp out vibration. Safety wire
would collapse the air pocket and nullify the anti-vibration feature of the foot pegs.

Hairspray......

Aqua Net in particular. Using it is probably going to destroy the Earth and all living things, but my hand grips have never come loose, even on very wet rides. YMMV ;-)

ACETONE

splash it inside the grip, holding your GLOVED hand over BOTH ENDS

it attacks the rubber, turning it into it's own adhesive

pour it out & slip the grip on QUICKLY

allow to re-cure over night

The op was asking about adhesive to reattach foot peg rubber is what I assume the headbanging is about, or maybe Irish heard some megadeath?

Yep. I bet it was megadeath. LOL.

Polyurethane like they use installing windshields would be my preferred glue.

The Polyuerathane is probably the best suggestion. That stuff will glue metal sheets together with the likelihood the metal will rip apart!!

Back