• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sunset mode in other shots

Not Dave

Technically I AM Dave
Reaction score
First Name
David
Last Name
Hogate
So yesterday I had forgotten my camera was placed in sunset mode (enhancing reds and oranges) and was snapping away at a couple of objects. One was this old Dr Pepper bottle I have. It was not on a flat surface so it's slightly tilted to the left.

At first I thought it was a shame because the color palette was skewed. Now I'm thinking maybe it helps a bit with the old weathered bottle in enhancing the age look to it. I don't know so here I am.

Yes I did shoot in both RAW and JPEG and this is the JPEG image with some adjustments using the program PhotoScape (it's free).

My wife and I live in a 69 year old house in the country and we have discussed adding more photos to the walls. I like old photos or photos of old things. I did change it to B&W and it also looks good.

Attachments

• DSC00408.jpg
    DSC00408.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 283
Reminds me of the huge oatmeal structure in, well..... oatmeal. The scale is playing with my eyes

Having that 'warming' setting can be used creatively as you have done here. Warming or cooling of the kelvin temperature can have dramatic effects on images. Heck, I bet you have a tungsten setting. If so, go shoot that with a blue background like sky or a lake but make sure to flash the main subject person in the shot and see what happens. You'll get some extreme blues, but the flash will do a fine job on the subject. So go play with those buttons!

Sure beats carrying around a stack of colored filters, doesn't it? ;-)

Back