• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SoundCloud...

M38A1

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Anyone here used it in the past? Is it a register kind of thing then free downloads you can use in productions?

I've stumbled on freemusicarchive.com for a couple projects so far and just wondered about soundcloud.com

That's really nice stuff..... I'm as musically inclined as a box of dirt.

If one finds a song on SoundCloud they like, is there a fee to download it?

That was an interesting read, but still doesn't answer my question.....

I'm trying to find on-line, free, downloadable music I can incorporate in my non-commercial video projects. Being fully aware of copyright, is what's posted on your site page for example, available for download and use? Are other artists works available for the same use from SoundCloud? I don't know from the link....

I'm sure you can find some on Soundcloud and other sites that you can use by at the least, asking permission of the owner.

I am not aware of any repositories for music that is free for the picking. I do see allot of vids out there that use background music that I'm sure was not cleared with the owner and from time to time get the "This video was removed for copyright infringement." when the link is clicked.

FYI, the one I mentioned above freemusicarchive, allows the downloading of music for non-commercial purposes. There's quite a large number of contributors over there and you get to listen to the song then decide if you want it or not. A simple click gets the file to your computer and another click tells you the use provisions. Pretty slick site for background music.

Back