• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Prayer time for Texas T

Texas T

LD Rider
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
As everyone can tell from the comments regarding the Da Vinci Code I'm not a religious person but my mom is. I just got off the phone with her a couple of minutes ago; she called to say that my step dad just passed away.

They had been together for over 25 years.

His mother passed away on Wednesday, he's had a very bad heart for many years, and although we knew that she was going it was still very hard for him and I think everything just took it toll.

So think good thoughts for me, and prayers for my mom. Thanks

Sorry to hear it, Brian.
I'll be praying for you and your mom.

Its tough to lose anyone! The family and friends I have lost over the years have taken there toll. You are all in my prayers.
Steve

+1. Very sorry to hear about this. All the best to you and your mom in this difficult time.

Brian: You and you family are in my thoughts and prayers. There are really no words that are adequate and frankly to stumble around trying to be eloquent ... well you get the picture. Peace and understanding to all.

Thanks to everyone for their kind words and thoughts; they are greatly appreciated. It was a very rough week but I got home last night and am trying to catch up on my sleep and get some rest.

A word to the wise...
1. Plan ahead
2. Let everyone know what YOUR directions are regarding your death/funeral/etc to eliminate indecisions or incorrect decisions.
3. Pre-pay. A sudden death is not the time for family members to be scrambling to find the funds to put someone to rest. Dying is not cheap these days but deciding what services you want (do not want) can help ease the burden on those left behind.

It might be a good idea to have insurance that covers funeral related stuff even if you don't have a full blown life insurance policy.

If you have important legal documents like wills, insurance policies, or other similar items, be sure that are all in a safe place AND that several people you trust will have access to them. A will is worthless if it is never found.

Tourmeister said:
It might be a good idea to have insurance that covers funeral related stuff even if you don't have a full blown life insurance policy.
While this is good advise, people need to know that funeral homes want their money up front. It will be 30-90 days before the insurance check shows up.

If you have important legal documents like wills, insurance policies, or other similar items, be sure that are all in a safe place AND that several people you trust will have access to them. A will is worthless if it is never found.
More good advice that I'll add to. Your executor(s) should have a copy of the will and know where the original is and who your attorney is.

Hmmm... maybe we need a "death" thread in Off Topic? Too morbid? ;-)

:tab Regarding copies of wills, be aware that this can lead to wills being contested. IF copies are made, be extra sure that they are marked as copies!! Otherwise, if there is a discrepancy between the original and any copies, the only way to resolve the issue is a court proceeding. Many people elect to have a copy in the hands of their attorney (if they have one). The key thing is there should be no confusion about which piece(s) of paper is the original.

Back