• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

REGISTER NOW! POSSUM TROT ADV RALLY and CHALLENGE, April 24-26, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received the Rally Raid GPX file from Dody and loaded it to my GPS and now my GPS keeps locking up... Garmin tells me it's a corrupted file is anybody else having problems with it?:eek2:

I use GPX, I don't know anything about GPD but I am new to this GPS stuff anywho.

I sent you a GPD file...I have alerted TxJames that we may have an issue. Only one other person had an issue and not sure if it is the file or getting caught by download filter somehow. Call me if you continue to have issues.
254-248-4848
Dody

I sent you a GPD file...I have alerted TxJames that we may have an issue. Only one other person had an issue and not sure if it is the file or getting caught by download filter somehow. Call me if you continue to have issues.
254-248-4848
Dody
Woodbutcher, Did you open your file yet?

Opened in Basecamp for me, too. But I know absolutely nothing about GPS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Working on my GPS unit now (this is from the GPX file).

How did you load it? From Basecamp or directly copy it? What gps do you have? What version of maps?

Opened Basecamp.
Imported 'PTAR Rally Raid 2015.gpx'
Hooked up GPS (Montana 600)
Drag and dropped 'PTAR Rally Raid 2015.gpx' from 'On My Computer' to 'Montana 600' under 'My Garmin Devices'

(I'm on a Mac)

I have City Navigator North America NT 2014.2 and TOPO U.S. 100K v5 on my gps. THis track only works with the City Navigator for some reason.

Last edited:
Sorry, didn't read all the responses before my last reply. I loaded both gpx and gdb files into Basecamp and recalculate one to see if it liked it. The result matched with the previous so that was good. Copied the route to the gps (zumo 590) and loaded fine.

So, works fine for me.

How did you load it? From Basecamp or directly copy it? What gps do you have? What version of maps?

Yes still having problems..the file loads just fine and works in Basecamp and loads to my GPS just fine but when I am in that file on my GPS the GPS wants to lock up, I mean it just quits working and no button on the GPS will do anything.it is a brand new Garmin 64s and I called Garmin and they said the file was probably corrupted. I'm about to try and load a file from something else and see if it does it with that one as well. it might just be my new GPS is the culprit.The map is the Texas 24k topo.

Yes still having problems..the file loads just fine and works in Basecamp and loads to my GPS just fine but when I am in that file on my GPS the GPS wants to lock up, I mean it just quits working and no button on the GPS will do anything.it is a brand new Garmin 64s and I called Garmin and they said the file was probably corrupted. I'm about to try and load a file from something else and see if it does it with that one as well. it might just be my new GPS is the culprit.The map is the Texas 24k topo.

Try recalculating it in Basecamp once and send it to the gps again. That way you know the route was updated with your current maps. The Texas 24k maps are routable so it should calculate in Basecamp. Are these maps loaded on the computer or a sd card in the gps? I have the same maps on sd card, but the card isn't in the gps right now.

Try recalculating it in Basecamp once and send it to the gps again. That way you know the route was updated with your current maps. The Texas 24k maps are routable so it should calculate in Basecamp. Are these maps loaded on the computer or a sd card in the gps? I have the same maps on sd card, but the card isn't in the gps right now.

Yes on sd card in gps...what do you mean by recalculate/calculate in Basecamp? Sorry ,I am a rookie at this .

Just signed up and paid via paypal. See you all there Friday night.

Woohoo! Look me up and talk to me about recent Mexico riding. Those two Mex-Trek trips and the one JT is talking about to Jalpan have me itching to go back.

Yes on sd card in gps...what do you mean by recalculate/calculate in Basecamp? Sorry ,I am a rookie at this .

Right click on the route in Basecamp. Select recalculate. That should do the trick. The gps will need to be connected when you do it so it uses your topo sd card maps to calculate the route. If everything goes right, it won't actually change the route to other roads. But the result will be a route that lines up with the roads on your maps.

Paved Raid back from printer and sent to the gatekeeper!!! Thanks, Joe!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back