• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Rich Mountain Rendezvous 2015!

Fluids changed, new tool kit going together.
Getting clothes together, planning to load the panniers, new Orange REI thermos, water bottles. CPAP room, prescriptions set. Just gotta get the weather predictions for what gear to wear. Going from 95's to 70's here in the Lou.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

So I'm not packing light. Trailering bike for extended riding heading north after the rally. Butler maps shows great riding just north of Russellville. Bringing big basecamp tent, refrig/freezer, food and beverage. Have a couple of guys joining in, should be great. Weather looks perfect.

I am one oil change and a hundred details away from being pre-packed ?

------------------------------------------
Send a wire to the main office and tell them I said "Ow!" Got it!

I hear that. Drained the oil yesterday when the bike was hot, but have the valve covers off for an adjustment and then fresh oil and a throttle body sync. Button it back up and it will be ready. Everything else still needs to be done too.

Looking forward to seeing the R1200 and what's been done, especially looking at footpegs for after the rally. JVB production's DVD burned on my phone.
Can't wait to get there.

My bike will be ready tomorrow, I'll top it off at the gas station on way back from liquor run...

There has just been a all point warning about some local person of interest hanging around Mena. He has been harassing and scaring the local populace. The FBI has just released his picture. Keep your distance and call the local authorities if you encounter him.

IMD_0381-L.jpg

This is my first time at this rally. Where will the check in station be and is there any thing planned for Thursday evening? I plan to arrive around 4:00pm.

Looks like they are calling 50% chance of rain on the mountain Saturday and 60% Sunday.

When you enter the Park, turn right into the RV/campground area and look for a cluster of folks at the top of the hill around a large "box" trailer and, generally, an orange F650. Should be easy to spot - ask for Steve.

The Basic schedule from: http://rmr4casa.com/2015-event-schedule/:

Thursday evening
registration
fajita dinner for pre-registered participants

Friday
registration throughout the day
8AM continental breakfast 8AM
6PM dinner – burgers, beans, chips and dessert!

Saturday
8AM breakfast - breakfast tacos, pancakes, juice and lots of hot coffee
6PM dinner – catered dinner, live entertainment, charity auction (don’t forget to bring your donation item!) and more!

Sunday
8AM breakfast

If all goes well, Mrs. SwampFox and I, along with a several other three-wheel contraptions, should arrive 'round 4:00pm Friday afternoon, but several other sidecarists should be there on Thursday.

Our idea for Saturday is to ride to Three Sticks, Honobia, Talihina and back.

Last edited:
Packed and ready to go, just gotta get some groceries for the wife then out of here at 10. I have a room at the lodge I'd anyone needs a queen bed or place to shower besides the main facilities at the campsite.
Frank

Last edited:
Can't wait to see all those 3 wheel contraptions! My local dealer and friend Dave won't be able to make as he's now a grandpa and in Reno!

Motobike has new rear tire and generally ready to roll. Wifey looking for a new helmet because....she is coming as well [emoji7]

We will ride up saturday, shooting for mid afternoon arrival. Staying at the lodge. Very excited its here, its been too long.

Motobike has new rear tire and generally ready to roll. Wifey looking for a new helmet because....she is coming as well [emoji7]

We will ride up saturday, shooting for mid afternoon arrival. Staying at the lodge. Very excited its here, its been too long.

So glad you are both coming! I know work schedule was sticky - glad it worked out!

I will not be making this one after my crash Sunday . Broke lower fork leg and bent tube, plus headlight. As for me only one new screw in my neck, but should loose no range of motion. Hope to go home today.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

On our way... this is for you, Frank ?

Cleatus, once you are fixed up, you can get that rig back to awesome! Heal well?
10d3c85a85f440949a4ae2ee9375e9e7.jpg

------------------------------------------
Send a wire to the main office and tell them I said "Ow!" Got it!

f47669c9615fa4da9ce9788bbd800613.jpg

The weather is great on the mountain!

Back