• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

ROLL THE BONES RALLY 7: GET LUCKY...October 28-30, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the gpx maps supposed to show all 3 routes at once? Is it possible to have only one show?
Mine looks like this on the app.
45e21490ddc709cb370f4aae4ea29675.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is just because they are all in the same folder list. Once loaded on your device you will start only one track or one route. Once the track or route is loaded your GPS will only that track or route.

I already separated them. PM me your email and will be happy to send you the separated box files.

Last edited:
Ah! Ok. I didnt know you could "start" them. Looking into that now.
Thanks, bud.

Okay. I know it's a bit late. But could I/we get some suggestions on iPhone gps apps? Free is always best but I'm willing to stick a crowbar in my wallet to avoid getting lost.

Ah! Ok. I didnt know you could "start" them. Looking into that now.
Thanks, bud.

I guess if all you have is an app that views GPX files it may only display all. Most GPS devices will let you select the track or route within the GPX file that you want to use. Let me know if you want the separated ones.

I downloaded the file to my Montana. The Rally Raid route opened just fine, but the Dirty Raid route came up saying the route could only have 50 waypoints or something like that. Any tips?

If anyone still needs one I just cancelled for cabin 28. Had too much fun in Galeana, now sick. :giveup:

i n

If anyone still needs one I just cancelled for cabin 28. Had too much fun in Galeana, now sick. :giveup:

i n

Aw man.... :/
Sorry to hear that Mike. Catch you on the next one. Hope you get to feeing better, bud.

Okay. I know it's a bit late. But could I/we get some suggestions on iPhone gps apps? Free is always best but I'm willing to stick a crowbar in my wallet to avoid getting lost.

I have back country navigator pro and I think it's available for IOS as well.

I haven't figured out how to get it to let me follow a track or route but it does let me separate them. I only have it for hiking and checking where I am instead of lugging the Garmin Montana around.

I downloaded the file to my Montana. The Rally Raid route opened just fine, but the Dirty Raid route came up saying the route could only have 50 waypoints or something like that. Any tips?

Yep, I know what happened there. I'll have to do some magic on it after work. I'll post when I have an update. I'll also break them out, one file per loop for the people with devices that want them that way.

Aw man.... :/
Sorry to hear that Mike. Catch you on the next one. Hope you get to feeing better, bud.

I will probably come down Friday afternoon, to just see everyone... And it`s not what everyone is thinking... I`m not restricted to the terlit...:rider:

Last edited:

OsmAnd (free) or OsmAnd+ ($6.49) for Android. I know they have a iPhone app and it works good also. I'm not an iTunes person though so dont know the exact name.

_

i n

I feel fine, you must be getting old! LOL

I guess it wasn't just allergies on the ride home Sunday night.

We will miss you!

No, just the trip data cleared so he can read it when you come back to see how far you went.
This.

If you're shooting for maximum mileage then running the routes we provide probably won't win.

It'll be up to the riders undertaking this challenge to figure out what it takes to win.

Last edited:
This.

If you're shooting for maximum mileage then running the routes we provide probably won't win.

It'll be up to the riders undertaking this challenge to figure out what it takes to win.

What time is the beginning of the day and end of the day?

What time is the beginning of the day and end of the day?

Details will be covered at dinner tomorrow night so that everyone has the same opportunity to screw up their routes under time pressure.

I'll go ahead and state that all rules will require IBA style documentation for a bun burner 1000 - a receipt from a gas pump with date and time will work fine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back