• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HONDA XR650L OWNER'S SIGN IN

Re: XR650L OWNERS SIGN IN

hey GLOCKPOINTER how doe's yer air/filter look after ridin at RMAN's.?? i need to clean mine but it's to friggin HOT.:sun:

It's fine and dandy like sour candy. I actually ate all the dust myself and there was none left for the bike.

Now if I could just work out the new death wobble from the 606s.:zen:

I raised the front end 8mm and it def. helped with the death wobble. Maybe now to balance the front tire! If I had done this before the ride on the 28th I could have gone way faster on the gravel roads, overall feel improved a bunch.

Now if I could just work out the new death wobble from the 606s.:zen:[/QUOTE]

check your air pressure (PSI) tall new knobbie's with low air pressure can give your bike the WOBBLE's big time.!!don't ask how i know.

Now if I could just work out the new death wobble from the 606s.:zen:

check your air pressure (PSI) tall new knobbie's with low air pressure can give your bike the WOBBLE's big time.!!don't ask how i know.[/QUOTE]

Hey I got 606s also and have never experienced a wobble at highway speeds. I run 16 rear and 14 front on the dirt, pastures, etc. What pressures are y'all running?

check your air pressure (PSI) tall new knobbie's with low air pressure can give your bike the WOBBLE's big time.!!don't ask how i know.

Hey I got 606s also and have never experienced a wobble at highway speeds. I run 16 rear and 14 front on the dirt, pastures, etc. What pressures are y'all running?[/QUOTE]

I am running 20psi as I do alot of pavement. I have a slow leak apparently, I checked today and had 15psi up front. At 20psi it was alot better at speed.

Hey I got 606s also and have never experienced a wobble at highway speeds. I run 16 rear and 14 front on the dirt, pastures, etc. What pressures are y'all running?

I am running 20psi as I do alot of pavement. I have a slow leak apparently, I checked today and had 15psi up front. At 20psi it was alot better at speed.[/QUOTE]

why don't you run the correct PSI.? my KENDA K-270's are 32 PSI.!! i don't like the underinflated feel.! + it's much easyer to pinch yer tube.!:rofl:

why don't you run the correct PSI.? my KENDA K-270's are 32 PSI.!! i don't like the underinflated feel.! + it's much easyer to pinch yer tube.!:rofl:

+1 :thumb:

I run my D606's at 32 PSI also for my daily commuting.

If I'm doing half dirt half pavement like some of the Texas country roads rides folks do I run 25 PSI for a nice combo.

If I'm doing off road single track type of riding like you usually do at a motorcycle park, I run between 16 and 18 PSI depending on how rocky it is.

89.jpg

running 30 PSI at SHNF it was fine.:rider:

Newbie in Richardson here. I have posted on the intro site and Hancock pointed me here. I just purchased a 97 XR650L with 315 miles on it. Riding on the street is new to me. Most of my riding has been in the dirt. I am looking forward to meeting up with you guys and learning what I need to do to get ready for a trip. You all have already pointed me in a good direction with the rear rack. I am trying to come up with a design to make one, or find one I would like to buy.

Newbie in Richardson here. I have posted on the intro site and Hancock pointed me here. I just purchased a 97 XR650L with 315 miles on it. Riding on the street is new to me. Most of my riding has been in the dirt. I am looking forward to meeting up with you guys and learning what I need to do to get ready for a trip. You all have already pointed me in a good direction with the rear rack. I am trying to come up with a design to make one, or find one I would like to buy.

SHNF047.jpg

BINDERMAN :welcome: glad ya found us.!:clap: there are alot of rear rack's for the XRL :thumb:a popular one is CYCLERACK'S usa or MANRACK'S..:trust:

HEY IRIDERED not much going on here. how's it going down down there on GALVESTON island :sun: you an BIGMAN been ridin lately.??? (transalp).???:rider:
i aint rode my bike in a week or so. may take a ride in a few with the wife to PI, make a round,hang out on the water for a few. i have not seen big

+1 :thumb:

I run my D606's at 32 PSI also for my daily commuting.

If I'm doing half dirt half pavement like some of the Texas country roads rides folks do I run 25 PSI for a nice combo.

If I'm doing off road single track type of riding like you usually do at a motorcycle park, I run between 16 and 18 PSI depending on how rocky it is.
Right, Tom. 95% of my riding is on pastures, trails, dirt roads, etc. I weigh over 200 pounds. There are no paved roads near here. Rocks are no problem. I need the grip on the uphills. I'm thinking about raising the PSI to 18 rear and 16 front. So far the 606s have been great. We need to ride!!

I pumped up the 606s to 30 psi and it seems to roll more easily on pavement but the killer weave is still there at 70. Better maybe. I will keep trying tweaks until I wear out the tires and get GP110s.

I scored some tusk 30mm bar risers off the Bay for 20$. Like the #5 footpegs, you would be hard pressed to find more bang-for-the-buck. It is like sitting up straight in your school desk! Standing is way more comfy also.

****, had one beer and went and bought new gear. BEFORE mortgage day! I will review said gear upon receiving. Up for your consideration; Shadow Hi-viz yeller mesh jacket, matching Hi-viz gloves, and the cherry, Fly Trekker Hi-viz dual sport lid.
When I get run down at an intersection at least they can't say they never saw me!:doh:

****, had one beer and went and bought new gear. BEFORE mortgage day! I will review said gear upon receiving. Up for your consideration; Shadow Hi-viz yeller mesh jacket, matching Hi-viz gloves, and the cherry, Fly Trekker Hi-viz dual sport lid.
When I get run down at an intersection at least they can't say they never saw me!:doh:

Now they will say they were blinded by something on the road, and in their panic that had to let go of the steering wheel to protect their eyes from the glare and collided with the unseen motorcyclist who just appeared by magic..:rofl:

Gary

Yeah I think it might glare back at me through the mirrors! Sure won't be getting any dates with that get-up. Especially with the camera on top of the helmet! I'm gonna look like a glow worm!

how many of you are still using the stock rear brake lite and plate holder.? i'm thinking about a PROCYCLE'S (WPS-XR) tail lite. $19.95 the reason is i'm trying to drop down the bike's weight on the back fender area.! any idea's or suggestion's :coffee:.........lonnie...

Last edited:

We need to ride!!

Yeah, I'm wanting to get out more but scheduling has been a little more challenging with the new kiddo in the home. I'm starting a savings fund for him and I to do a cross country dual sport trip when he graduates either HS or college in 18 or 25 years. :chug:

how many of you are still using the stock rear brake lite and plate holder.? i'm thinking about a PROCYCLE'S (WPS-XR) tail lite. $19.95 the reason is i'm trying to drop down the bike's weight on the back fender area.! any idea's or suggestion's :coffee:.........lonnie...

DIET??? :lol2: That will drop the weight at the rear and the front... :clap:

Gary

It seems the Fly Trekker can be difficult to find in Hi-viz xl. My purchase was cancelled when it went suddenly out of stock. I found it at AtomicMoto for 15$ less. Lets see if they deliver.

DIET??? :lol2: That will drop the weight at the rear and the front... :clap:

Gary

Thrasher>>>> look who's the comedian. :clap::clap:. Hey RED, post up a pic of your tailight and plate set-up please. I'm really thinking of just cutting off the whole bottom half of the BD tail light/ plate bracket and bolting the dang thing to my fender and putting the inspection sticker on the fender also. My rear fender flops all around due to all of the weight solely on the fender because it doesnt have any support. Plus, i think it would just look a whole lot better :trust:
Just for a heads up, HANCOCK has a birthday coming up the 1st or 2nd of July. He's gonna be 21-years old. I keep dangling his present in front of him, but won't tell him what it is. :lol2::lol2: I think he will be pleasantly suprised. I think i told R-MAN what it was, but i can't remember. **** old age. :mrgreen:

As far as the ride on the 1st of july, no go for me. Its a holiday weekend and I leave for mexico on the 7th-10th. Time for a margarita on the beach with my beautiful lady :-P:-P
BEsides those two weekends, i'm good to ride for the rest of july.

HANCOCK.... No, i still haven't fixed my rear tire. I put the new tire and tube on for the fayettevile ride.....hence all of the rock throwing and broken headlights :rider::rider: and by the time i got home the darm thing was flat again :doh::doh: I'll try to get it fixed this weekend or early next week. I still haven't washed it or cleaned out the air filter yet either.

Thrasher>>>> look who's the comedian. :clap::clap:. Hey RED, post up a pic of your tailight and plate set-up please. I'm really thinking of just cutting off the whole bottom half of the BD tail light/ plate bracket and bolting the dang thing to my fender and putting the inspection sticker on the fender also. My rear fender flops all around due to all of the weight solely on the fender because it doesnt have any support. Plus, i think it would just look a whole lot better :trust:
Just for a heads up, HANCOCK has a birthday coming up the 1st or 2nd of July. He's gonna be 21-years old. I keep dangling his present in front of him, but won't tell him what it is. :lol2::lol2: I think he will be pleasantly suprised. I think i told R-MAN what it was, but i can't remember. **** old age. :mrgreen:

As far as the ride on the 1st of july, no go for me. Its a holiday weekend and I leave for mexico on the 7th-10th. Time for a margarita on the beach with my beautiful lady :-P:-P
BEsides those two weekends, i'm good to ride for the rest of july.

HANCOCK.... No, i still haven't fixed my rear tire. I put the new tire and tube on for the fayettevile ride.....hence all of the rock throwing and broken headlights :rider::rider: and by the time i got home the darm thing was flat again :doh::doh: I'll try to get it fixed this weekend or early next week. I still haven't washed it or cleaned out the air filter yet either.
BRP008.jpg

taillights016.jpg

Back