• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AMSA Ride day 1/8 @ Goertz Ranch(SE of Austin)

Reaction score
The new date for the AMSA ride is this Sunday. Sounds like all of the near vertical stuff from the TORCS lines have been bypassed so it will be family friendly. I'm sure you can still hit the technical lines if you want to.

Victor

Austin Moto Sports Assoc, our local enduro organization. Anyone can ride as long as you pay the $20 non member fee and have a helmet. It's generally promoted as a family ride so your behavior is expected to be family friendly on and off the bike. Should still be lots of moisture in the ground in that area so it will be much fun.

http://www.texasoffroad.net/forum/u...688/January_2012_Ride_Day_Goertz_R#Post521688

Victor

I plan on riding. It will be my first time out there.

Texasnh,

It is a family ride so bypasses are usually very friendly. There is always a kiddie loop around camp and the layout of the trail system brings you within sight of the camp several times during the typical lap. We have riders of all ages and skill levels and a community of people who are very considerate on the trails. You may have one or two guys in a bit of a hurry but they know that it's family weekend and act accordingly. Come have a good time.:sun:

Victor

I plan to go as well, i have a list and a half to knock out on Honey Doos on Saturday but should be good to go.

I will be in a white S-10 and riding a CFR450X with Texas flag sideplates.

That was one of my favorite places to ride when I was an AMSA member and the kids still rode. Unfortunately I'm taking by daughter back to college that day or I'd probably try to make it.

I remember when I was new to riding and being on a trail out there that disappeared down a hill through some brush. Kind of like dropping into a rabbit hole. I looked in there long and hard before I rode in...meanwhile faster riders came by me and dropped in like it was nothing.

BigA, I should be there early but I have a dinner to go to, so I will be leaving around 1:00. :clap: Sam

The GG is out of commission for a little while longer . Enjoy this awesome weather for the rest of us. Safe riding to all.

I'd like to meet up with some guy interested in trying some of the hard lines. What time are you planning on getting there?

I'd like to meet up with some guy interested in trying some of the hard lines. What time are you planning on getting there?

I'll ride most anything out there, been doing it since 1983, Love this place. I will be there at 9:00 am, ready to ride. :rider:

Have some things that did not get finished today so tomorrow is a family day with my wife and daughter.

You guys have fun out there

I'm still in, but will have my white enclosed trailer instead of the hitch carrier, see ya'll in the morning, plan on being there by 8:30

I'll try to get there around 9 - I'll be in a white 4-door Chevy with a blue DR650.

I didn't see this before late last night. Went to sleep thinking about it.

I'll be there by 9, if I can find it with out a waypoint. :mrgreen:

How did it go ? Jealous riders want to know.

That was possibly the best trail I've had the pleasure to ride since I started a few years ago. It had everything short of the real rocky stuff and the mud, with a heavy dose of high traction sections. I never got the huevos to try the hardest lines. Quite a few of the riders in my immediate group have been to the hospital in the last year or so. I'd rather swallow my pride and go around.:hail:

If the hard line craving ever outpaces the hamburger craving, maybe I can shed some ballast and take it up a notch.

Fantastic! But I don't think anyone had a camera. The track had a little of everything and the dirt was perfect. Thanks to Victor for posting this and to Big A, Sam, Justin, and Tom J. for an great day of riding!

John

Guys thanks for an awesome day of riding!!!! I didn't do the knarly hill climbs, and did bite the sand a couple times:doh: I'm tired and sore, but what a day!!!:thumb:

Back