• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

A Fantastic Trip Report by a Brit Visiting the States!

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Howdy,

:tab The following link is to a LONG trip report. This chap is from the UK and has been touring alone here in the States since the beginning of Feb this year. He takes incredible photos and has a great light hearted and humorous writing style.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41209

Of course, he is riding a GS :lol:

Adios,

Good link....

It's your fault, I was up to 02:30 reading this web sight using dialup! Makes me want to get a KLR650, quit my job and travel for 6 months!!

I read nearly the whole thing. I've travelled most of the roads throught New Mexico, Arizona and Utah. But not on a bike. I did trailer an XL-185 to Salt Lake.

Have bike. Will travel.

Rob

Nice read, well until his bike breaks down anyway. Must have been those extended 90mph runs, maybe with his maintenance guys forgetting to grease the rear axle/driveshaft?

I've been tentatively planning a trip out west through Big bend, new mexico and some of Arizona next spring, this story just reinforces my desire for it. :)

I was up late reading it too, but only got through page 6 or so. I still have it up on the screen at home so I can finish it off tonight.

Great read!

Wow! Makes me realize what I haven't seen right outside my own door.

Dyna Sport said:
I've been tentatively planning a trip out west through Big bend, new mexico and some of Arizona next spring, this story just reinforces my desire for it. :)

If you do head for AZ, let me know, I can offer-up some great routes; roads and/or trails. I love that place. Is this a Harley or KTM trip?

Back