• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

473 from Comfort to Hwy 32 East of 281

Reaction score
This road has elevation changes and curves from 35 mph to fast. All curves are marked well and there are no unseen dangers(other than wildlife). This is a road we take accross to 281 when leaving Kerville for breakfast at the bowling Alley in Blanco. If you follow it accross 281 to 32 you can ride the Backbone over to San Marcos.
Steve

Cruzintexas said:
This road has elevation changes and curves from 35 mph to fast. All curves are marked well and there are no unseen dangers(other than wildlife). This is a road we take accross to 281 when leaving Kerville for breakfast at the bowling Alley in Blanco. If you follow it accross 281 to 32 you can ride the Backbone over to San Marcos.
Steve
I just discovered 473 last weekend, and absolutely loved it. I've always taken 281 to 32 and ridden the backbone, this time I went west on 473, picked up 1376 going north, and then took 1888 back to 281 in Blanco.

If you think 473 is good try Crabapple road between 1888and 473, narrow county road but paved all the way. SEYA

Back