• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Another one from San Antonio

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Benson
Been riding since 1977. Moved to San Antonio in 1984. Currently have 45,000 miles on my 1998 VFR800. Atleast 40,000 miles are from riding around the hill country.

I also have a pretty good knowledge of some of the roads less frequented around here. If any of you guys want to explore some of the roads hidden in the hills, drop me a line.

Have had the pleasure of riding with Scott and Beth a couple of years ago out of Kerrville. Unfortunately at that time, the temps were around 107 and we didn't have a lot of time to stop and chat. We did have a good meal with them later that nite. :chug:

My need for speed is satisfied at trackdays sponsored by Ride Smart and Lone Star Track Days at either Cresson Motorsports Ranch or Texas World Speedway.

If you haven't tried it yet, get yourself to a track soon. There is no substitute for learning how to really ride a motorcycle. We are not talking about all out speed (which will get you killed or seriously injured), we are talking about smoothness and control on the bike you currently ride.

It's all about having fun and living to ride another day. :D

Howdy Mike,

Glad to see you found your way here. I totally agree with you about the track days. I can't seem to get my finances to cooperate. It seems everytime I get to the point where I might by some leathers for track duty, my car craps out, one of my cats has to go to the vet, I need a new set of tires, blah blah blah... :shrug: It really is frustrating.

The good news is that there seem to be more and more track days available now. They range from the full blown Kieth Code type of instructional events all the way to basic open track days without any instruction. One of these days I am bound and determined that I will get my butt on a track and have some fun. Beth is really wanting to do a track day as well, so all costs are basically doubled right off the bat :-( But if she wants to do it, I am all for it.

A couple we often ride with took Code's class. His wife's riding skills and confidence dramatically improved immediately after taking the course. I spent some time riding behind her in Colorado through the mountains and was amazed at the before and after results from taking one class. She was really rocking through the curves :twisted:

I think a lot of people think the classes are for racer types only. Nothing could be further from the truth. For those of you that have been sitting on the fence about taking a class, do it. :-)

Adios,

Hey guys, you really ought to check out the trackday on Sunday, May 11, 2003 at Texas World Speedway in College Station. Lone Star is going to put on a ladies only session "group c". These guys are based out of Houston and do an excellent job. You could get Beth in her group and you in another.

The price for you guys would be cheaper than a day at Keith Code's for one of you.

More info at : www.lonestartrackdays.com

Mike

Back