• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Need a favor

Reaction score
First Name
Leif
For a good friend...

Hopefully the mods/admin will be agreeable to this. This is for a very special friend that could use some support. As some of you know, I have been without work for 7.5 months now. I went to a local charity (Minnie's Pantry) to see what kind of food they needed and returned home with a volunteer sign up sheet. Don't ask me how... I don't even know other than I was sent there for a purpose. Cheryl Jackson started this charity to honor her mother while she was still living and could appreciate it. Cheryl has done a fantastic job of taking a bad situation for her clients and making it a whole lot classier experience than they would get at other charities. She was in their place at one time and that was one particular area that stood out to her.

Helping out at the pantry has been a blessing during a very stressful time. I have been layed off one other time with equally crappy economic conditions. The thing that stands out this time is that it has been a very fulfilling period of time for me. I have learned what giving and serving really mean. For that I am in debt to Cheryl. I start work on Monday so I thought this might be a good way to give something back to her. She is trying out to try to gain a show on Opera's new TV network. It's kind of goofy but they have voting on the website for the videos that are sent in. They don't limit votes by IP either (meaning you can vote as many times as you like). The top 5 get an auto slot for the LA auditions. If any of you have the time... please give her a vote or as many as you want to spare. She is top shelf material and is giving personified. My life is better because of her and I will truly miss being able to go over and help out 4 days a week. I'll still serve when the job allows and I am now looking for other ways to help out those in need.

Link from her site drives to the Opera site. www.votecheryljackson.com

Thanks for any time you give to the effort!

Leif

Thanks for posting an uplifting story in a depressing situation. You convinced me to click the link and vote for Cheryl.

Back