• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Lonestar track day OCT 20th

Reaction score
Anyone from here going to the trackday @ TWS on October 20th? I'll be there in the last garage w/ the Houston sportbike network people. 01' Blue SV650S; :chug: Let me know I'll look for ya :wink:

Just a little report:
The day started out crisp & cool, but warmed quickly. The second session for the "B" class riders yielded a huge wreck in turn 7. I know b/c that was the corner I was working in the morning. The guy was riding a GSXR 1000 & went off-track at about 100 mph. He & his valiant steed proceeded to tumble for about 300 feet. Banged-up his ankle pretty good & trashed the bike :angryfir: Except for that & a few hrmless off-track excursions the rest of the morning went well.
After lunch was when my fun would begin :twisted: First session out I was getting a feel for the track & finding my lines. The second session found me finding some limits of my traction & on stock SV650 suspension..the limit is not that far away :shock: . I was easily passing some of the backmarkers & soon running towards the front. In the second session I got pegs & toe sliders down on both sides; so I removed the peg "feelers" for more clearance. Good thing because in my third session I was really on pace. I was getting pointers & feedback from some of the instructors & it was paying off. There was a GSXR 750 that I diced with for a while. I would leave him in the turns & he would pass me in the front straight. Of course I would reel him in by turn 2 & off I would be. It was the best feeling to see the guys reaction everytime I would pass him :chug: :wink: really warms my heart to pass a guy w/ twice the hp 8) :dude:
Anyway the day turned out pretty warm & humid, but was a great day at the track as a whole. :twisted: :angel:

I thought I would boost my confidence by being the "fast" guy in C group :wink: :roll: actually I got a big thumbs up from alot of the instructors :chug:

Back