• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Down and out temporarily...

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Howdy,

:tab Due to a slight industrial accident Friday evening, I won't be riding for a week or two, maybe a little longer. Both wrists suffered heavy blunt trauma. No broken bones. Big divot of skin gone on side of right wrist behind base of thumb. Left wrist took worst hit and is very swollen. Both wrists are in forearm splints for a while. They are going to turn every color in the book :? Trip reports are gonna take much longer now hehe...

:tab Should be good to go for the mid November ride :)

Adios,

Sorry to hear about that, Scott. :(

Sometimes, a soft-tissue injury can take longer to rehab than a cleanly broken bone, so don't rush things too much.

And try not to take too much advantage of the sympathy angle either:

"Oh honey, can you bring me another soda?"
"Oh honey, can you pull up the footstool for me?"
"Oh honey, can you grill me a steak?" And not too rare this time, please!"

Beth is a real sweetheart, but I suspect she has her limits, too. Wouldn't want you to end up with additional injuries, you know. :mrgreen: :wink:

First off hope you start to feel better soon. On a side note if you need anyone to take the VFR's out....you know just to keep flat spots from forming :lol: just let me know :wink:
I've always been the giving type :chug: :roll:
Again take dude

It's so heart warming to be around such caring friends ;-) :-P

Adios,

Ha! For a few weeks there, I'll be able to ride faster than you... :-D

Seriously, heal fast, sounds like a scary event happened.

All the best,

Paul

Man...!!!!! Sorry to hear that...!!!!! :(

I wish you a fast recovery.

Get well soon.

Scott,

Man, sorry to here about that. Having been one to have severe wrist trauma more than a few times, I know how ya feel, and I second Pauls comments to take it easy on them if you can.

I on the other hand I think it is a perfect time to play up the simpathy thing. Take full advantage, I am sure Beth would love to be waiting on you hand and foot :twisted: :roll: :wink: .

Once again, take care and heal up. Looking forward to catching up wi y'all at the MC show in a few weeks

Hope you recover soon Scott. Injuries are never any fun, especially when they can keep you from doing your daily duties and riding. Take it easy and follow the doctors orders so you can be back on the road soon. :)

SVinAustin wrote:

on the other hand I think it is a perfect time to play up the simpathy thing. Take full advantage, I am sure Beth would love to be waiting on you hand and foot .

Y'all don't know Beth very well.... :pound2

Sorry to hear that you're out of commission for a while and that we'll miss you Wednesday morning while at kings. Glad that it was not something serious though.

Heal up soon,

Vittorio

Howdy,

:tab I've gone all day without the arm splints. The swelling has all but gone away. The underside of the left wrist is starting to turn colorful but the right wrist has been spared the bruising. The injury to the right wrist appears to have been a glancing gouging action. It has already healed up considerably in two days! The only problem now is that when I flex the wrist it stretches the scab and new skin material which is a little painful. I have full range of motion in both wrists with little discomfort. Considering how bad the damage could have been, I feel extrordinarily lucky!! I should be in riding condition within a week or so. Now I just get to wait for the !#$!% emergency room bills :-(

Adios,

Get well soon!

Stretch, stretch, stretch. I used to work as a physical therapy tech. Many people underestimate the value of range-of-motion exercises.

You don't want all those tendons and ligaments to get permanently contracted. Stretching is just good.

IF your therapist or doctor tells you to do some stretching, don't neglect it!

And as far as stretching the scab and scar tissue goes, try some Neosporin or vitamin E oil on it. It should help soften up the tissue enough to ease the discomfort during the healing process. Been there and done that too many times to the hands and knees growing up with bicycle crashes and such. :roll: Once again, hope you get better soon.

Hehe... I was a vitamin E junkie when I was growing up. Does wonders to prevent scars! Stinks though :-P

Adios,

Back