• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Worlds Fastest Indian

DaveC

Reaction score
First Name
David
Last Name
Carter
logo_title.gif
http://www.worldsfastestindian.com/

NO WAY!
Hollywood making a movie that does'nt show motorcyclists in a BAD light!??
This looks great! I can't wait!

Jack, you're incorrigible! :-P

This looks like a cool flick. Anthony Hopkins is a fine actor, and with his involvement I would be surprised if this wasn't a decent production. Wonder if he rides off screen?

Wonder if he rides off screen?

Probably, and probably one of those OCC things. Harleys have been the "in" thing for a while in Hollywood. It's about an old Indian, so I smell a cruiser guy behind it. :lol: Where else, but on screen could an old Indian be "fast"? :lol: But, then, he's probably entered in the "flat head, air cooled twins single carb remote float bowl caliper wheel braked V belt driven peddle start built before 1924 American made gas only" class, or something. :rolleyes: They have a class for just about anyone to set a record in out there. I mean, if a Ural can set a land speed record.......:rolleyes:

Last edited:
A little trivia -- I've read that the motorcycles in the movie are actually Brittons. Gotta research that, but I'm at work. Must set priorities ;)

Jack, I refuse to let you puncture my warm, pleasant fantasy. I choose to picture Sir Anthony on an immaculately maintained Norton 850 Interstate. If he prefers to ride a Harley Davidson, that's his prerogative. Unlike us commoners, I'm sure he could afford just about all of the bikes he wants. 8-)

BTW, sorry I missed meeting you at the MC show last Saturday. Would have loved to slap you around a bit.

(Just joking, Jack! ;-) )

This is really going to pump me up. My proposed big bike trip this coming year is Bonneville. I think bikes run in mid September.

scratch said:
Jack, I refuse to let you puncture my warm, pleasant fantasy. I choose to picture Sir Anthony on an immaculately maintained Norton 850 Interstate. If he prefers to ride a Harley Davidson, that's his prerogative. Unlike us commoners, I'm sure he could afford just about all of the bikes he wants. 8-)

BTW, sorry I missed meeting you at the MC show last Saturday. Would have loved to slap you around a bit.

(Just joking, Jack! ;-) )

I'm old and wear glasses. You'd get arrested for that. :rofl:

"Officer, he's trying to steal my social security check!!!!!!!!!" :rofl:

I may go see this flick. Looks interesting, though I can see myself sitting there poo fawing stuff, LOL! But, it looks like it may be worth a look. Maybe I'll rent the DVD. I doubt it'll make it to podunk. I've been waiting for "Jarhead" to come here. Still waiting, and waiting...:-? Seems our local theater prefers the teen audience. I guess I can understand that. Old farts don't go to movies. :lol:

Jack Giesecke said:
I'm old and wear glasses. You'd get arrested for that. :rofl:

"Officer, he's trying to steal my social security check!!!!!!!!!" :rofl:
In three years I'll qualify for membership in AARP. I'm picturing a scene that looks like something out of "Grumpy Old Men."

If you squinted a little. ;-)

scratch said:
There's a brief review of the movie posted at Motorcycle Daily -

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/14november05_worldsfastestindian.htm

Sounds like two thumbs up!
It read like two thumbs up, two big toes up, and whatever else he could muster. I dare say he liked it quite a bit. The trailer is pretty good as is some of the stuff on the web site itself. They have some nice wallpapers too.

rickmiller, if you haven't been to Bonneville before you're really going to enjoy yourself. I'd love to go back. It's been 40 years and two months since my last trip. ;-)

Back