• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Toy Runs

Hagrid

Reaction score
Participated in the Tri-County Toy run today. Impressive number or participants; 10012 we were told at the end.

Observations: Reviews of product sales for sport versus sport touring vs cruiser must be correct. Wow did I ever feel like a *******. Makes ya kind a wonder why any of the makers target anything but the cruiser class of bikes. Definitely where the dollars are being spent. Guess it never really jumped out at me cause I ride and correspond with sport touring precedence.

Toy runs are genuinely positive for the biking community but leave a lot to be desired when choosing a route. Don't think I countersteered once until I rode home. Guess it has to be that way when considering possible skill voids for 1000 bikes. One guy said he hadn't ridden in 33 year until he purchased his current bike this June. Now thats what I call a hiatus. I hadn't ridden in sixteen years when I bought the Bandit and still feel like Ive only scratched the surface of riding after 35000 miles.

During this ride I clutched more than the most difficult roads I've ever tackled. My ring finger was spasming on the ride home. How ironic. Wonder if my clutch plates are blue?

Correction that was 1,012 participants. Eee, that extra zero would have been a fish story.

Hmmm, I didn't see a Bandit, saw a Ninja and a Katana, I think, and some Buells. And a cool old Honda CB350. I'm willing to bet that there weren't many other aprilias there? :-D

Interestingly, the group I rode with to get up and back (Rick's Rides) was about 30% cruisers, I'd say, with more ST bikes and some gorgeous Wings...

Sorry I missed you. 'Course, I missed probably 982 other folks, too...!

buck000 said:
Hmmm, I didn't see a Bandit, saw a Ninja and a Katana, I think, and some Buells. And a cool old Honda CB350. I'm willing to bet that there weren't many other aprilias there? :-D

Paul,

Dont forget the little R6 that was behind me at the VFW parking lot.

Overall a good ride. Am glad I kept the ear plugs in though, cause even though the wind noise was not there man, some of those staight pipe set ups are loud.

Oh yeah, and I am sure you had the only 'Pril there.

Had to exceed a few speed limits on the way home just to get it out of my system :twisted: .

Hehe, yup, I kept the speed down, more/less, but had to take Brushy Creek Rd. home in Round Rock, just to remember what a curve looked like. :-D

Kinda fun, though, seeing folks having a good time helping less fortunate people... :)

:tab I missed the Houston event. Sunday found me a little under the weather :-? I pretty much got nothing done Sunday. I alternated between fever/no fever all day. More fun that a person should be allowed to have.

:tab Thanks to Scratch, Snoopster, and my Dad we got moved back into our house on Saturday. There are still a few minor things the contractor has to touch up, otherwise we are done. It feels good to be back into one home finally. Living out of two separate homes is a pain in the tush! Never had the right tool when I needed it :roll:

:tab I think sometime mid Jan we are going to throw a get together bash for all of our riding buds. I'll get back to you with the details. Considering the likely cold temps, we won't be offended if you show up in the cage ;-)

Adios,

Buck wrote:

"Hmmm, I didn't see a Bandit, saw a Ninja and a Katana, I think, and some Buells. And a cool old Honda CB350."

Hey I saw the little Honda too. Was red I believe. Made me yearn for the 360 4 cycle Yamaha I rode in 77. Too bad we didnt cross paths. Perhaps one of these weekends we can all hook up since your not so far from Killeen. Havn't ridden with another Bandit in a while, maybe we could coax txmedic and your buddy Svinaustin along.

How bout 963 through Oakalla then over to Lampasas for 580 toward San Saba? I'm usually game on Sunday mornings, preferrably early.

How are you guys making the white boxes that insert what another lister wrote when you create a post?

Hagrid said:
Hey I saw the little Honda too. Was red I believe.

Yup, I took a photo of it, it'll be on the Rick's Rides website soon enough (don't have it with me right now).

Perhaps one of these weekends we can all hook up since your not so far from Killeen. Havn't ridden with another Bandit in a while, maybe we could coax txmedic and your buddy Svinaustin along.

Sounds good. There were some nice views around Copperas Cove, iirc (first time I'd been that way). Might need to do it after the holidays, though, I still need to put outside decorations up. :)

How are you guys making the white boxes that insert what another lister wrote when you create a post?

Easiest way is to click on the
icon_quote.gif
link when you're viewing a post, which generate the appropriate "quote" tags (in brackets). :chug:

Howdy,

:tab To do the quotes use the
tags. You can include the users name buy modifying the first tag like this
username said:
. Or like buck000 said, you can use the QUOTE button on the post you want to quote. Personally, I find that to be cumbersome if you want to do more than just the one quote.

Adios,

[quote Or like buck000 said, you can use the QUOTE button on the post you want to quote. ]

Wow, Guess I need to sharpen my powers of observation. I've never noticed the white QUOTE button on each message before.

Thanks for the info

Back