• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Lodges at Lost Maples

:tab Man those look pretty nice. I wonder how new they are? We stayed in some nice cabins in that same area back in October last year. The only drawback was the seriously nasty gravel road from the main road back to the cabins. It was downright scary on a street bike! I'd be sure to ask them about the road surface before staying there. Remember, gravel does not equal paved! Non riders often have a problem understanding that.

Adios,

Scott,

What was the name of the cabins you are referring too? I am checking out all my options but will probably just stay in Kerrville this time.

Bill

Bill,

:tab I have stayed in the FoxFire Cabins on FM 187 a few miles North of Vanderpool.

http://www.foxfirecabins.com/

Ask for cabin number 5 or 7, the face away from the rest towards the river and are more private. They have two rooms each, kitchen, nice living room with sleeper sofa, and large deck. I think they were around $125 a night during peak season of April.

I can't find th ename of the cabins we stayed in last October. John "Irondawg" Morin took care of those reservations. PM him for the info. The cabins were very nice and reasonably priced, but the gravel road was not much fun! The FoxFire cabins are just off the main road and what little gravel there is is not a problem. Oh..., now I sound like Bill Clinton "is is..." :-P

There are also quite a few cabin places out around Leakey but I don't know the name of any of them.

Adios,

Hey Bill,

:tab When are you planning on heading out there?

Adios,

Tourmeister said:
Bill,

:tab I have stayed in the FoxFire Cabins on FM 187 a few miles North of Vanderpool.

http://www.foxfirecabins.com/

Ask for cabin number 5 or 7, the face away from the rest towards the river and are more private. They have two rooms each, kitchen, nice living room with sleeper sofa, and large deck. I think they were around $125 a night during peak season of April.

Fox Fire also has some cabins away from the main area. One is a farm house that sleeps about 20. It is on the LLano river. It would be a great place for about 10 people to rent and ride from. There is another cabin that backs up to a small creek. It is up a hill up a gravel road. with the road leading from the main gravel road being pretty rough. Nice cabin though.

We stayed in the Farm house last April. It is pretty cool. It sleeps 16 if you have people that share beds. Otherwise it sleeps about 8-10. Staying there will give you weird dreams :eek: All of us had strange dreams the few mights we were there hehe. Nothing like I'd ever really experienced before or since. For what it is worth, I am not a believer in ghosts, goblins and haunted houses. ;-)

Adios,

We stayed in the farm house for spring break about 3 years ago. I don't remember having weird dreams, but I think I passed out most evenings. We spent most evening sitting around the fire drinking beer, listening to the river. Maybe we just drowned the poultergeists in alcohol.

Scott,

We just got back. We left out Cypress around 2:30 Saturday. Blasted down I-10 and made it into Bandera around 6:30. Checked into the Hotel and headed out to dinner then over to Archy Blues for a few beers. There was a HOG chapter in town from Corpus Christi so we had plenty of entertainment watching them cut up with their b_tches. They were having quite a time. Needless say we did not hav to worry about the LEOs as they were occupied.

Sunday morning we got up and headed out to Leakey. Did the 33x loop. I saw the Fox Fire Cabins you referred to. Nevber did find the Lodges at Lost Maples but we visit the Lone Star Motorcycle Museum. Nice collection of British and Italian bikes. 336 has a lot of road construction going on right now. They are putting in several new bridges. Ran into just a slight sprinkle on 41 between 336 and 335.

We then headed to Kerrville. Got in to Kerrville around 4:00. It was about 45 degrees and windy. Rather then stay in Kerrville we headed towards Boerne, then New Bransfels and made it to Sequine where we stayed the night.

Got up this morning and is was a balmy 35 degrees when we headed out. Just got home at noon.

Overall it was a good trip. A little on the cold side but we dressed for the occasion. It was just my dad and I. Of course he was a lttle better off with the heated seat and wind protection on the wing.

Sorry, no pictures but most of the folks here have been there and done that, right?

regards,

Bill

Were you on the R1 or the Kawasaki?

Adios,

Took the tractor this trip. As cold as it was I opted for at least a more comfortable/leisurly ride.

Bill

Back