• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

[AUS] Sunday monring breakfast meet! 02/22/04

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Howdy,

:tab So... Scratch and I set out this morning and found ourselves in Austin by dark. We are staying with Will up in Cedar Park tonight. We're meeting Achim down in Wimberly in the morning at 9:00am at the same cafe where everyone met back on New Years weekend when the weather was so nasty. Hopefully, this time it will be much nicer!

:tab The ride over today was awesome. It was about 70 F all day and just beautiful. I really owe my Dad big for taking the pager and letting me off to go riding when it was supposed to be my weekend on call! We knocked out about 300 miles because we got a late start leaving Huntsville. I got a call in this morning around 5:30am and had to work until about 7:00am. Then the alarm did not go off... :-| Just as well because I was not sleeping real well anyway. We hit every back road imaginable on the way over, going all the way up through Killeen and Copperas Cove. Some of those FM's have incredible sweepers that just keep going and going and going... Great fun!

:tab After breakfast we will hit some more roads on the way home. Hopefully some of you will see this in time and be able to meet us down there, there being here:

http://www.cypresscreekcafe.com/

9:00 am!

Adios,

Wish I could have joined you, but painting the baby rooms got to come first (or so Ellen says). Yesterday would have been a great day to ride, I was glad when I got the window papered over so I couldnt see outside anymore.

Looks kinda like the same weather we had a couple of weeks ago. Hope you had a good ride.

Sorry I missed you. I wound up riding to breakfast with some buddies in Blanco, and it went from dry in Travis Co. to foggy (exactly like our last ride, Andy) on 165 to raining pretty steadily in Blanco Co.

I thought you guys were galavanting around E. Texas this weekend. I really must read more than every 10th word of posts...

Oh, and thanks for the advance notice, hehe... :-)

:tab Well, our plans changed like the Texas weather this weekend :-P We wound up heading up around Temple, Killeen and Copperas Cove on road Scratch used to ride all the time and that I had never been on before.

:tab Today, we ran down to the Cafe. Once we got on RR 12 and started South, it started raining. It continued raining until after we got over by Buda. Once beyond I-35, we did not see anymore rain. We ran down through Bastrop State Park on Park Rd. 1 and then over to Fayetteville, New Ulm, Bellville, Hempstead and eventually to King's cafe for dinner with Beth. 611 miles for the weekend.

Adios,

Back