• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Need day-ride route out of Eureka Springs

Kidder

Reaction score
Can any of you recommend a day-route out of Eureka Springs, AR? I'm looking for a round trip route. No dirt please as I'll be on a sportbike.

Thanks in advance.

One of my Fav day trips out n' back from ES.
S on 23
L on 127
L on 412
R on 21
L on 16
L on 7 (Lunch at the Cliff House/South of Jasper)
R on 374
L on 74 (Lunch at the Ozark Cafe/in Jasper)

[Route misses 7 crossing Buffalo National River.
To add it, turn right (N) on 7 in Jasper from W bound 74
L on 206
L on 43
R on 103 puts you back on the loop.]

R on 43
L on 103
L on 412
R on 103
L on County Rd 9
R on 21
L on 62

Total about 170 miles. 4 to 5 hour ride depending on lunch stop.
If you need to stay out longer, there are some additions you can Figure Eight into this loop. IE: On the bottom of the loop where turning North off 16 onto 7, and East on 374... Turn right on 74/123 then
R on 7
R on 374 again, then
L on 74 to Jasper.

Fun stuff, But I'm gonna wait till the Fall to go.
Have Fun!

:tab North on AR 23 to MO P, then up to MO 86. Hang a left and then it turns North. Run up to US 76, hang a left and run West to MO 112. Run this South to MO 37. Head North on 37 to Washburn and pick up MO 90 West all the way to Noel. Gas in Noel. Go through town on the main drag, hang a right on MO 59, go a few hundred yards and stay on 59 to the right. There is a decent gas station on 59. Don't eat in Noel. After getting gas, back track 90 to 37, 112, and finally to MO 76. Run 76 East all the way to Cape Fair. When you get to the stop sign at MO 173/76, there is a nice 50's style Cafe on the left corner with great food. Very biker friendly. If you are getting pressed for time, you can just backtrack MO 76 to MO 86 and head South back to Eureka Springs.

:tab Now if you have time... From Cape Fair, head East to US 160 and run 160 East all the way to MO H. Run MO H North up to MO 125 and then run 125 back South, all the way to the State line and ride the ferry across the lake. MO 125 becomes AR 125. Run AR 125 South to AR 14 and head West on 14. Run 14 to Omaha and pick up MO 65. Go North to US 65 and run this back into Missouri to MO 86 and head West. Run 86 West to MO 13 SOUTH. Follow MO 13 South back into Arkansas, it becomes MO 21. Run 21 Southwest to Berryville and pick up US 62 for the run back into Eureka Springs.

:tab Several of the roads on this route are superb: MO 86, MO 90, MO 76, MO H, and MO 125. They have long sections with nothing but tight back to back banked curves with rapid elevation changes. I have known riders that have had trouble keeping the horizon because you rise, fall, twist and lean so constantly and rapidly. Last time I was up there, all had excellent pavement.

Several of the roads on this route are superb: MO 86 said:
Ooooooo! I love Southern MO for riding. :rider:

Is that a secret that Texas boyz should know about? Can't we just leave most of 'em on the Pig Trail or on Magazine Mt and keep MO to ourselves!? :deal:

That's not nice. Way back in Kinny-garden, they taught us "sharing"... :trust:

Thanks guys for the recommendations!

If anyone else has ideas, keep 'em coming.

Back