• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

1-2-3 Farm To Market Roads in Sequential Order Game!

'bout time you guys all started getting up. I've been sitting here since 4:00 messing with pictures and maps & needing some entertainment. :lol2:

Why is FM1959 down here in the south by Clear Lake, yet FM1960 is north of the Mason-Dixon Line up near Spring?

Why is FM1959 down here in the south by Clear Lake, yet FM1960 is north of the Mason-Dixon Line up near Spring?

Because they are 1 apart? :shrug:

There appears to be to rhyme or reason to how they are numbered - probably whatever is the next open number...

For the same reason that 119 crosses 1573 or that 296 crosses 2586 up here in the Panhandle. And . . .well never mind. :shrug:

Seriously though I dunno, but will hazard a guess in that they are numbered in the order that the state provided money so a road could be paved to more easily get crops or livestock in from the farms & ranches during times of inclement weather. I'm guessing too that those decisions to pave were based on local requests for money to do so. It could also have to do with which section road received the most traffic getting to market with goods and therefore received funding to be paved as the need arose or became apparent.

On the subject of "poaching", I don't think anyone has claim to any road so they are all fair game. Although I've been scratching roads off my list of possibilities when someone says they are going to get it, I think they are all fair game. I would hope that we would show some courtsey to each other, especially when someone says they are going to ride a specific road.

On the subject of "poaching", I don't think anyone has claim to any road so they are all fair game. Although I've been scratching roads off my list of possibilities when someone says they are going to get it, I think they are all fair game. I would hope that we would show some courtsey to each other, especially when someone says they are going to ride a specific road.

you mean as in this case; note the dates of the postings.

12/14 @ 5:51AM and referring to FM48 (edit: granted you have to read the previous two pages pretty carefully).

If Eric doesn't get it, I can use the ride as "excuse" #47 to go for a ride. :trust: My wife will understand -- honest.

12/16 @ 11:51AM

The college is closing for the holiday this week and I thought I might take a run on 48 Wednesday or Thursday when it warms up, but holy cow its waaaaay up north. I think that'd be at least 16 hours up and back.

12/17 @ 9:30PM

It's ~485 miles from loop 1604 & 87 to the south end of 48 in Mobeetie, so if you want to make that run to get a picture that I can go get in about 3 hours on Saturday, that's entirely up to you -- me, if I had your weather and roads, I'd be hanging around home enjoying the hill country with all that free time.

But, just in case you need the info; our hi on Thursday is predicted at 56 with rain showers and a low Thurs. night of 32 then a hi on Friday of 57 according to Accuweather.

good luck!

edit: There is also a chance I can get the pic either tomorrow or Friday after work as that would end up being about the same distance as leaving from my house on Saturday. And the best part is that it give me another excuse to take the long way home -- :rider:

not that it bothers me much but . . .did you note the dates? :mrgreen: but hey, it's still all fun and I am ok with it -- let's ride!! :rider:

you mean as in this case; note the dates of the postings.

12/14 @ 5:51AM and referring to FM48 (edit: granted you have to read the previous two pages pretty carefully).

12/16 @ 11:51AM

12/17 @ 9:30PM

not that it bothers me much but . . .did you note the dates? :mrgreen: but hey, it's still all fun and I am ok with it -- let's ride!! :rider:

Sorry I stepped on your toes. I didn't take either of these posts as statements that you were going to go get 48 for sure. One starts with "if" and the other says "there's a chance".

Sorry I stepped on your toes. I didn't take either of these posts as statements that you were going to go get 48 for sure. One starts with "if" and the other says "there's a chance".

that's quite allright; afterall you spent 20 hours and 1020 miles getting 2 pictures while I spent 7 hours and 317 miles getting 22 and we both and fun our own way -- all is well. :zen:

How about a simple rule. If you claim a road, you have 2 days? 1 week? :shrug: to post or it becomes fair game. What says :hail: KING DD?

that's quite allright; afterall you spent 20 hours and 1020 miles getting 2 pictures while I spent 7 hours and 317 miles getting 22 and we both and fun our own way -- all is well. :zen:

Glad to hear that. Maybe we can meet up halfway one day.

How about a simple rule. If you claim a road, you have 2 days? 1 week? :shrug: to post or it becomes fair game. What says :hail: KING DD?

Something like that would be nice for a road that is holding us up that someone would like to ride out to. But I know there are a lot of people sitting on pictures of roads coming up, and some have even mentioned it in a previous posts, but its next to impossible to keep up.

Lets remember that this is supposed to a fun excuse to get out and ride. If I, or in this case BMCDONAU, wants to do a IBA run to snag 1 picture, so be it. That is what this game is all about.

There is a part of me that actually enjoys, maybe entertained is the better word, knowing that this road or that road is being targeted by 2 or more folks. I guess it is just the competitive spirit in me. I don't want to see anyone with their feelings hurt by no means, after all this is just a silly internet game giving us all an excuse to ride somewhere for no other reason than to photograph our destination. But for me it adds that little bit of excitement of "who's gonna be the one to capture it first??" Maybe I am wrong on feeling this way, but I hope for this not to be a negative influence.

I mentioned before that the "game" element to this is that the pictures are posted in sequential order. I will add to that stipulation, that THE FIRST ONE TO POST SAID PICTURE will get have that picture posted in POST #1.

I have no interest in following or keeping up with "who has what road coming up next". If others want to, that is fine by me, but I don't want to have it overshadow the spirit of the "get out and ride" excuse.

As this game gains momentum there will be times where more than 1 person has a picture of a certain road at a given time. I would hope that all who have it shares it with us, as there is always a story or tale that goes with the capture of the picture. But as I have stated, only the first to post the next sequential road number will be archived and safed to POST #1. - If you post up your roads out of order and someone else trumps you by posting the correct road number in sequential order, It would the that subsequent person who wins the placement on Post #1. Example. I am out riding today and take a picture of FM100 and FM102. I come back home and post FM100 because it was next and I also Post 102 just because it will be next very shortly. Well, CRUISIN comes in that evening and posts FM101, then SULLY posts FM102. It be SULLY's 102 that is actually archived to post #1 because he posted it in order and I didn't. (am I making sense????)

Last edited:
Can you imagine what that first post is going to look like with 3500+ pics in it? :eek:

Can you imagine what that first post is going to look like with 3500+ pics in it? :eek:

You might want to split it up.... for example, start a "Part II" post with #'s 50 - 100, "Part III" with pics 101 - 150, and so on. Might make it a little bit easier to load for those viewing.

Lets remember that this is supposed to a fun excuse to get out and ride. If I, or in this case BMCDONAU, wants to do a IBA run to snag 1 picture, so be it. That is what this game is all about.

I agree.

There is a part of me that actually enjoys, maybe entertained is the better word, knowing that this road or that road is being targeted by 2 or more folks. I guess it is just the competitive spirit in me. I don't want to see anyone with their feelings hurt by no means, after all this is just a silly internet game giving us all an excuse to ride somewhere for no other reason than to photograph our destination. But for me it adds that little bit of excitement of "who's gonna be the one to capture it first??" Maybe I am wrong on feeling this way, but I hope for this not to be a negative influence.

You are a sick man. I LIKE IT. :lol2: :lol2:

I mentioned before that the "game" element to this is that the pictures are posted in sequential order. I will add to that stipulation, that THE FIRST ONE TO POST SAID PICTURE will get have that picture posted in POST #1.

Yes, I like this idea even more then mine. :clap: :clap:

As this game gains momentum there will be times where more than 1 person has a picture of a certain road at a given time. I would hope that all who have it shares it with us, as there is always a story or tale that goes with the capture of the picture. But as I have stated, only the first to post the next sequential road number will be archived and safed to POST #1. - If you post up your roads out of order and someone else trumps you by posting the correct road number in sequential order, It would the that subsequent person who wins the placement on Post #1. Example. I am out riding today and take a picture of FM100 and FM102. I come back home and post FM100 because it was next and I also Post 102 just because it will be next very shortly. Well, CRUISIN comes in that evening and posts FM101, then SULLY posts FM102. It be SULLY's 102 that is actually archived to post #1 because he posted it in order and I didn't. (am I making sense????)

As clear as mud. :mrgreen:

You might want to split it up.... for example, start a "Part II" post with #'s 50 - 100, "Part III" with pics 101 - 150, and so on. Might make it a little bit easier to load for those viewing.

Just think about the folks with dail up. :eek2: Load time 2 days and 4 hours. :doh: :lol2: :lol2:

Or you could just be a wuss like me and beg everyone to let you post one. :lol2:

Kinda like when tortuga and I visited east Texas (ET in the vernacular) for a M&G and sniped FM13-17... :trust:

Funny you should mention those, I was on my way to get them one day when Fat Girl got all upside down like and sheared the brake reservoir off. Instead of getting butt hurt about it I was hoping someone would get 'em knocked out while I waited on parts.

Glad to hear that. Maybe we can meet up halfway one day.

These guys have it figured out.

Right on Duke :clap:

The great thing about this game is that it can just be incorporated into your general riding. Court houses, 'everywhere', the morning communte (picking up FM149 soon). It's one more excuse to get out there and ride.:-P

I wonder what the temps are in the panhandle tonight? We probably aren't gonig to get 54 for a couple of days.

It's 23* in Fritch right now; we need to PM the Lubbock and Plainview guys for tomorrow though. 54 is less than 1/2 hour form either one and it's supposed to be 64* down there tomorrow.

Is there a way to do a PM to multiple users at the same time?

Just think about the folks with dail up. :eek2: Load time 2 days and 4 hours. :doh: :lol2: :lol2:

You know I hadn't thought about it before.... Anyone know of a free web site / host out there? I used to have a web page when I was with RoadRunner internet but that was lost when I moved over to another provider. This one does not offer a included hosting service within the price of the monthly fee. I am thinking that I could build a Post #1 into its own web page and just link to it as the post grows. Now that I think about it... I wonder what Smugmug data limits are? 3500 pictures might end up taxing my bandwith allocation.

I decided to put all the picturs to my smuggy account because so many of the pictures were lost due to bad links or inactive accounts from when we originally started this back in the spring of 2006. I figured this way they would live for as long as I keep my account open.

So... Who has a better suggestion on how to keep archiving and making this a user friendly medium for those with slower connections?

Google said:
10 GB of Google Sites storage, plus 500 MB for each Premier Edition user account
Manage Google Sites sharing settings across your business
Easily publish Google Sites within your company

Yet another reason why I love Google! I will set it up over the holidays....

Back