• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

1-2-3 Farm To Market Roads in Sequential Order Game!

Oops...I saw 65 and thought I was clear to post 66....:doh:

Looks like we're still waiting on 62 and 64.

That's why we need to follow the rules, i.e. post in order. Besides being confusing, its not really fair to others to post out of turn.

if we are going to ONLY post in order, then there should be no "calling" a road, just post it. I seem to recall when this game was young we were missing road 3 for the longest time, were practically to 20 before someone got 3. I'm not saying post 50 road numbers ahead. But when you see threads that say "I've got 45,46 and 49", but they are not posted and you've got 47, I'd post 47.

The rules also state for the bike to be in the picture.. not a windscreen or a mirror... but there are some that hardly include the bike (part of a mirror, part of a windscreen).

We've already chased off participants to the thread because of small issues... I think we are just looking for some basic fun excuses to go riding. The intent is to collect photos, ride, have fun, be safe.

my 2cents.

if we are going to ONLY post in order, then there should be no "calling" a road, just post it. I seem to recall when this game was young we were missing road 3 for the longest time, were practically to 20 before someone got 3. I'm not saying post 50 road numbers ahead. But when you see threads that say "I've got 45,46 and 49", but they are not posted and you've got 47, I'd post 47.

The rules also state for the bike to be in the picture.. not a windscreen or a mirror... but there are some that hardly include the bike (part of a mirror, part of a windscreen).

We've already chased off participants to the thread because of small issues... I think we are just looking for some basic fun excuses to go riding. The intent is to collect photos, ride, have fun, be safe.

my 2cents.

Trekr, I think we've been refining the rules as we go along and decide collectively as a group how we want to handle the game. I think we decided (within the last two weeks) that "calling" roads wasn't going to be allowed-- that whoever posted the road first got it as long as they were in sequence.

Lets say, for the sake of argument, we don't follow the sequence, how much early is too early? 1, 2, 3, or more? We still have to come up with a number or pretty soon people will be posting 10, 11 and 12 ahead. I travel a lot as part of my job and already have over 100 roads photographed, some of which I already didn't get to post becase someone beat me to it when the number came up. I just wasn't on-line at the right time. Should I just go ahead and post all of them now?

I like the certainty of "first to post (in sequence)". I've also posted up which upcoming roads I have, but I certainly don't think that they're "mine". My focus is on keeping up the momentum of the game, and I think having an idea of what's coming up lets some people plan rides and helps the game avoid hang-ups. That being said, if you'd like to come over to grab a road in East TX, that's great too. In fact, let me know and maybe we can meet up, since I wasn't able to make the EOY Pie Run :eat:

There has been some drama with some new participants, which is unfortunate and confusing. We definitely need more people involved, it will speed things up even more. I hope people who have been interested in getting in stay involved, and those who left for whatever reason get back in.

As far as the bikes being in the picture, its something I definitely try to do every time. However, I've seen some crazy conditions on the shoulder of the road that might make getting a visible picture of the sign AND the whole bike in the shot difficult. So I say we just do our best (I do like Trekr's shots, pretty bike)

Last edited:
Trekr, please see my comments in {bold} below

if we are going to ONLY post in order, then there should be no "calling" a road, just post it. { I have no problem with that suggestion }I seem to recall when this game was young we were missing road 3 for the longest time, were practically to 20 before someone got 3. {You are correct, there were a couple of roads missing when we got back rolling again (after nearly 2 years), I relayed that we would still count them because they were posted previously, but were dead links when we got kicked back off. I had hoped that those that originally posted them would re-host the picture, instead we waited then I announced I would archive the first ones to recapture them } I'm not saying post 50 road numbers ahead. But when you see threads that say "I've got 45,46 and 49", but they are not posted and you've got 47, I'd post 47. { No harm done, I can understand. In an earlier post I tried to politely convey that cataloging the roads already got is not something I am interested in keeping track of. In my mind, if it is not posted (the picture) then it isn't got yet, and therefore up for grabs to the first person to put it up }

The rules also state for the bike to be in the picture.. not a windscreen or a mirror... but there are some that hardly include the bike (part of a mirror, part of a windscreen). {Fair enough and I like the way you think, but I did say in the original post, "all or part of the bike, I am not picky". I get to travel alot with my work and I like to take pictures while riding and I added that part about all or part of the bike, because I have had some lessons learned earlier that sometimes it realy isn't safe or practical to pull off. I would love to see the entire bike in all of the photos, but I don't want to set unrealistic expectations either.}

We've already chased off participants to the thread because of small issues... {I know and it bothers me that they left, afterall it is just a silly game with just a few fairly simple rules. I also hope that you are not thinking of backing out. Truthfully I hope that all of the TWT members want to jump in a play as well.}I think we are just looking for some basic fun excuses to go riding. The intent is to collect photos, ride, have fun, be safe.

my 2cents. {just bought you a cup of coffee and a slice of pie when we get to meet up one day}

I have also went back and collected previous posts of mine where I addressed the rules previously.

Previous posts where the rules were presented by me said:
To Quote TM from the A-B-C game thread when questioned about this threads idea, "So Start One". Well Here it is.

Rules. Simple...
1. FM & RM Roads ONLY (we can do park roads, county roads, any other road or highway in thier own thread).

2. In sequential ASCENDING order. FM 1, FM 2, FM 3, ect...

3. Safely have your bike in the photo (all or part of the bike, I am not picky),

Let the game Begin!

And if the fellow TWT'ers agree, I suggest keeping to the original rules. JMO.

Hmmmm.... Let me think on that for bit. Right now I am inclined to say lets try to keep going in sequential order. FM3 & FM6 were already posted, but now have disappeared from the thread. Hopefully either the original poster(s) will shoot them to me and I will get them back in the order of things. Or if someone else has those two, get them to me and I will do the same.

But as things go, we are waiting on FM10 to be posted.

Great Going Everyone. I have updated the original post. Lets keep this going in Sequential Order please. I see that 26 is already posted up, but we are only now up to 21. As this game gains momentum I don't want to make the mistake of missing someones hard work and by posting early I can pretty much guarantee that I will miss the ones that are posted out of order.

Lets remember that this is supposed to a fun excuse to get out and ride. If I, or in this case BMCDONAU, wants to do a IBA run to snag 1 picture, so be it. That is what this game is all about.

There is a part of me that actually enjoys, maybe entertained is the better word, knowing that this road or that road is being targeted by 2 or more folks. I guess it is just the competitive spirit in me. I don't want to see anyone with their feelings hurt by no means, after all this is just a silly internet game giving us all an excuse to ride somewhere for no other reason than to photograph our destination. But for me it adds that little bit of excitement of "who's gonna be the one to capture it first??" Maybe I am wrong on feeling this way, but I hope for this not to be a negative influence.

I mentioned before that the "game" element to this is that the pictures are posted in sequential order. I will add to that stipulation, that THE FIRST ONE TO POST SAID PICTURE will get have that picture posted in POST #1.

I have no interest in following or keeping up with "who has what road coming up next". If others want to, that is fine by me, but I don't want to have it overshadow the spirit of the "get out and ride" excuse.

As this game gains momentum there will be times where more than 1 person has a picture of a certain road at a given time. I would hope that all who have it shares it with us, as there is always a story or tale that goes with the capture of the picture. But as I have stated, only the first to post the next sequential road number will be archived and safed to POST #1. - If you post up your roads out of order and someone else trumps you by posting the correct road number in sequential order, It would the that subsequent person who wins the placement on Post #1. Example. I am out riding today and take a picture of FM100 and FM102. I come back home and post FM100 because it was next and I also Post 102 just because it will be next very shortly. Well, CRUISIN comes in that evening and posts FM101, then SULLY posts FM102. It be SULLY's 102 that is actually archived to post #1 because he posted it in order and I didn't. (am I making sense????)

Last edited:
A fun, but windy end of year ride today, and home now for ten minutes. 150+ miles later, I did get 64 and 68, pics later tonight maybe. Collected some higher as well, as I was on 'em anyway.

I'll share those privately with Sully, as requested. I know that that the Game leaders want the actual posted pics in successive order. But it certainly isn't a bother to some of us when one says they are gonna try and get "x". It can let someone else start considering another one. And of course it's no biggie if two folks get the same signs, as has happened. It really just means we're out being Two Wheeled Texans. Saw a plethora of them today. Even saw the word puncheon used in one of the hysterical markers I visited. :eek2:

A fun, but windy end of year ride today, and home now for ten minutes. 150+ miles later, I did get 64 and 68, pics later tonight maybe. Collected some higher as well, as I was on 'em anyway.

I'll share those privately with Sully, as requested. I know that that the Game leaders want the actual posted pics in successive order. But it certainly isn't a bother to some of us when one says they are gonna try and get "x". It can let someone else start considering another one. And of course it's no biggie if two folks get the same signs, as has happened. It really just means we're out being Two Wheeled Texans. Saw a plethora of them today. Even saw the word puncheon used in one of the hysterical markers I visited. :eek2:

Okay, I'll bite. what's a "puncheon "?

:lol2: On the marker in question, they described how a family built their log cabin. They mentioned the technique of puncheon split-log floors was used. So kinda sorta an old world term for split logs methinks.:rider:

Yes, but what about 35? :nana:

Deliberately avoided the infamous "Drive to 35"!! I promise to try again, but I'm waiting for the New Year. All my sad stuff from '08 seemed to be hangin' around that 35 sign, or maybe I just need another Wing, then I can approach it in reverse?:giveup:

OK, I intended posting at least 64 today. I just received all my pics from yesterday, that someone else downloads and sends to me. Well, I apprently took all my pics (four different roadways) in video mode again. That is why 35 looks like it's under water. The pic has to be cut out of my video. Looks like I'll try more than 35 in '09?

May I chime in here? Even though I had an issue or two a few days back, a friend and I had so much fun stopping to get pics of signs yesterday, I just have to keep shooting. After-all as has been stated "it's just a fun game". (don't know if that's a quote or not but it is the right message). I'd like to say I like the rules as they are currently laid out here and have to also say I think this is a good thread that should be kept alive. The only way it will survive is for more to be involved and play by the rules. Those rules probably will be effective so long as they are kept simple as they are now and not changed along the way and not abused. All that said, I'm still in the game 'cause it's just fun and still a great excuse to go ride -- not that we need any excuses. :trust: The one rule I think needs to remain unchanged at all costs is the "all or part of the bike" phrase. I have had to shoot several pictures while sitting on the RT because of a lack of places to park and get off due to terrain issues that do not allow me to park it close enough to a sign for a good picture and walk away from it for fear that it might topple over in some of our steeper bar ditches or mud & sand under the side stand. I won't give away where this is but here is an example of what I have to shoot sometimes for safety's sake.

Attachments

• TAZ.jpg
    TAZ.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 214
Some of mine have been from that saddle too. But when I go for 35 again, I think I'll go within arm's length of the pole for a close shot. I mean, after all, 35 and I are on first name basis now.:rider:

The one rule I think needs to remain unchanged at all costs is the "all or part of the bike" phrase.

:thumb: I think the idea is that your bike is there and you didn't take the picture from your mega luxury monster utility vehicle ("sport" is misused).

Now, I have considered making a cardboard cutout photo of my bike "on a stick" so I could put it in my pictures... :trust:

Or just photo-chop the bike in like Kit did back on page 30. :lol2:

Aannnndd, I don't mind folks telling that they have gotten certain roads (just don't post the photo early) 'cause as previously mentioned, it means you can concentrate on what is missing and you won't go on a goose chase when you could have gotten something else.

And cruisin', an additional requirement for you is to have Teddy in the picture! ;-)

:thumb: I think the idea is that your bike is there and you didn't take the picture from your mega luxury monster utility vehicle ("sport" is misused).

Now, I have considered making a cardboard cutout photo of my bike "on a stick" so I could put it in my pictures... :trust:

Or just photo-chop the bike in like Kit did back on page 30. :lol2:

Aannnndd, I don't mind folks telling that they have gotten certain roads (just don't post the photo early) 'cause as previously mentioned, it means you can concentrate on what is missing and you won't go on a goose chase when you could have gotten something else.

And cruisin', an additional requirement for you is to have Teddy in the picture! ;-)

Ah; the Tedanator. He's kind of wimpy when it comes to winter riding, so it may be next spring before I can convince him to tag along for sign shots. Mean-while here he is in the car on our recent trek to Horseshoe Bay for Christmas this year.

Attachments

• Tedanator.jpg
    Tedanator.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 191
I seem to recall when this game was young we were missing road 3 for the longest time, were practically to 20 before someone got 3.

The game was started in April of 2006. When it got wound up again there were several pictures that were lost due to the contributor's hosting. Go back and look at posts 83 and 84 on page 5. There is also a 1 year gap between posts 81 and 82. At that point we had 1-9 (except for 7) and Nathan (1TallTXn) was the last to contribute with FM9.

When it started back up this year, the original guys apparently were not interested in providing the old pictures, so we had to re-shoot them. There was nothing out-of-order at that point other than the photos were missing.

Ah; the Tedanator. He's kind of wimpy when it comes to winter riding, so it may be next spring before I can convince him to tag along for sign shots.

I forgot to add that condition - don't need to stress him out with the cold. Glad to hear he is still riding in the right conditions. :thumb:

OK, I intended posting at least 64 today. I just received all my pics from yesterday, that someone else downloads and sends to me. Well, I apprently took all my pics (four different roadways) in video mode again. That is why 35 looks like it's under water. The pic has to be cut out of my video. Looks like I'll try more than 35 in '09?

:doh: Do I need to meet you somewhere for a basic camera lesson or something? ;-)

Also, what is the problem with someone else downloading the photos? We need to get you fixed up so you can do that yourself - nothing better than "instant gratification", you know! (now, maybe you are trying to relive the "good old days" where you had to send the film off for processing) :ponder:

Let's see - what are you doing today or tomorrow? :trust:

I know I should learn new technology things, someday. I'm going to get another lesson soon, and that might help, maybe. I think I'll use my old standby camera and have pics developed, then have them scanned, sent to me, and then I can post. How's that for a multi step solution?:lol2:

Gotta be on duty tomorrow, and I may practice at work. Really need my own modern camera, with instruction of course. But too many other purchases moved the camera down on any wish list. But I may take someone up on a together ride, to show me how plus be able to get riders in the pic. Now there's a plan...two for Two Wheeled Texans trips for pics!:eat:

Just wondering how pictures of the FM signs does everyone have that are waiting to post at the right moment. I know I have 3 of the infamous "3s":trust:

Just wondering how pictures of the FM signs does everyone have that are waiting to post at the right moment. I know I have 3 of the infamous "3s":trust:

You and a whole bunch other folks prolly have the 3's; it'll be interesting to see who is up at the right time to post those.

If anyone is interested, here's another "where are we at now" post (standard disclaimer: no roads are claimed, first to post applies, etc).

Roads up to, and including 100:

Sully: 71*, 73, 80, 82*, 83*, 85, 92*, 95* (Kit, too)
TwoLane: 64, 68, 75
Trekr: 65
Pacman: 66
Gilk51: 66, 67
Bmcdonau: 65, 77, 78, 81, 86, 91, 94, 99
FJRBandit: 72 (?)
Lucky Lindy: 74, 96
Stcalder: 70, 89

Currently unknown: 67, 69, 76, 87, 88, 90, 93, 97, 98, 100

*** 79 and 84 may or may not exist. If you're riding near there, please check on them ***

PM me if you'd like me to list what you have, and I'll edit. I'll also look back through the last several pages and see if I can find any roads people have already said that they're holding

Last edited:
If I tried cruisin's idea over at FM 35....the news flash might be....Fireguy's fettish with hangin' around that sign has cost him this time....while on the timer and runnin' to get in the shot, he tripped over required tripod, landing helmetless (ready to get self portrait) into pole of said sign...only to awaken to a crowd of Police, reporters, and kids wearing stupid fad fashions, only to find them not accepting his motorcycle sign game story, as the scooter he arrived on was stolen during his slumber, leaving him with a bump on the noggin', a walk home in motorcycle booties, and a great pic (remember the timer?) of the sole of the right, aforementioned bootie, and and ant going by.

Film at eleven!:doh:

Back