View Single Post
Old 08-05-2016, 08:01 AM   #96
Crew Chief

Re: ROLL THE BONES RALLY 7: GET LUCKY...October 28-30, 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by grislyterror View Post
Thanks garfey. To all.. any pointers on must have gear and packing items for this event? I'm already an accomplished camper, and have a full complement of street ATGATT supplies, as well as the stock toolkits on the DR and WR (which is what we'd bringing).. . But I haven't started building the off road supplies/gear yet.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Last year, the Roll the Bones rally was my introduction to dual sport riding. It quickly became obvious that I was not prepared for the sport. I hadn't even ridden much street in the previous two years and my gear was not organized, didn't fit and I even forgot I had some stuff. I hadn't traveled in 5 or more years and basic travel items were not easily assembled. The weather helped to demonstrate just how unprepared I was. I spent all last winter remedying that situation.

If you are well prepared to camp and have been riding regularly, you are way ahead of where I was then both in appropriate gear and motorcycles. This will be a good opportunity to see what others have and use, and it will give you some ideas about more specialized stuff you might want. You'll do fine
'95 Kawasaki Concours
'01 Kawasaki KLR 650
'82 Yamaha XJ650R Seca
'74 Kawasaki H1 500

"Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Page generated in 0.04078 seconds with 9 queries