• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

How Do from San Antonio

CoreyL

Reaction score
Greetings all! This looks like a great forum. I've been riding since 1970 (BSA 441 Victor, Norton 750 Commando, Norton P11, Ducati 750GT). Currently riding a 2001 Moto Guzzi V11 Sport. Moved here from Oakland CA and been living in San Antonio since Oct 96. Love these Hill Country roads. Don't see too many other Guzzi riders around. See you on down the road!

Don't know why the picture doesn't show:

http://www.pbase.com/image/5000108

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow!

Howdy,

I have to admit that aesthetically speaking, Guzzi's have never been near the top of my list. But man your bike looks awesome! The colors are great. I love the seat. Is that a custom seat? One of my riding buds has the Kermit green and red version of this bike. He came off a Triumph Sprint ST prior to this. He loves it. If you watch the banner images at the top of the pages, you might catch it. The scene is three bikes parked on a bridge with a beautiful lake behind them. It is his Guzzi, my VFR and a Sprint ST. That was a great rally in North Carolina.

Welcome to the board. I can't wait to see your bike up close and in person :wink:

Adios,

Oh, MAN, that bike is gorgeous (I'm a sucker for Eye-talian Reds apparently) :dude:

Please, describe YOUR perception of the Guzzi sound... :wink:

Guzzi sounds etc.

Thanks for the kind words re: my Guzzi. The suede saddle did not come stock on my bike but was offered on another model called the LeMans Tenni (named after the famous Guzzi racer Omobono Tenni).

For great bike sounds, check out:
http://www.vintagebike.co.uk/Sound Files.htm.
The sound of the 1957 Guzzi V8 GP racer always makes the hair on my neck stand on end.

I replaced the stock pipes and airbox on my bike with aftermarket units (Mistral pipes, Stucchi crossover, individual K&N air filters and a Power Commander III). The bike now sounds nice and gutteral, like one quarter of a small block Chevy (especially nice on throttle overrun).

Back