• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Anyone else apply for BMW testrider?

Valker

Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Last Name
West
Anyone else apply for BMW testrider?
I filled out the application for testriding the new K1200S at Nurburgring in September. I made it through round one. I just finished answering the questions for round 2. Did anyone else take that test? I was wondering which line through the turns others thought was right. I chose the one that allowed the greatest speed at the end of the section. :eek:

What!? I've no idea what you are talking about!? I feel like I am back in school where I wake up to find out I have a test today that I had totally forgotten about! :-P

Adios,

I still have to take the test for round 2. I would say though that the correct line thru a corner is subjective and will get different answers. i would probably say that your answer is what I would answer - in that we're talking track corners. They didn't specify the corner did they? I suppose it would be a different answer if so ...

Good luck and hope I see you Germany!

Dave.

Tourmeister......

Tourmeister, I think it was on www.facethepower.com
I am not too sure if someone can still get in on it. All expenses paid trip to Nurburgring in Germany and lap testing the new K1200S on the 13 mile north circuit. It would be worth winning :shock:

I failed the 2nd part of the test. Tried researching a bit to no avail. !st page of the test did me in. Guess i'll have to get my own if I want to ride it now. :-(

Bummer!

How'd you find out you failed it? I haven't heard anything else from them....maybe that's GOOD news? :shock:
I'd love to win, but I'll bet they'll wet themselves (if I do win) when they see a 300 lb 50 yr old step off the plane in Germany :-D

Valker, from what I have seen on the AdvRider site and other BMW related sites, 300 lbs and 50yrs old is not that far off the norm :-P

Adios,

Bwaahahahaha

LOL....yeah, but I saw the pics of the K1200S and that tank makes me nervous...I'm afraid when I reach for the bars and my belly is compressed by the tank, I'll give myself the Heimlich maneuver! :shock:

Valker, i didn't need to wait to find out that I lost. I couldn't answer anything on the first page, so I said screw it! :oops: We can't all be geniuses I guess. Can't wait to see one in the flesh.

OK!!

I just got notice I passed to the third round. I'll let you know how it goes from here. I hope I have to get a passport for Sept.! :shock:

Back