• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

We gotta get us one of these...

Probably a good idea, if the traffic sensors can't be adjusted to recognize a bike.

I love this passage from the article:

Motorcyclists had complained they were forced to wait excessive periods of time at stop lights because sensors that control the lights did not recognize motorcycles, which are now made mostly of aluminum... not metal.
(emphasis added)

That AP writer and the editor could have saved themselves some embarrassment by inserting the word "ferrous" in front of "metal".
Back to science class for both of them! :lol:

I noticed in that article that no one seemed to address the issue of making the light sensors better, they just thought letting riders run them would be bad. It seems that because everyone is afraid a moron might run the light in an unsafe manner, we have to set the rules of the road to the lowest common denominator. What a lame world we are going to be living in by the time we are all regulated into a safety cocoon geared towards protecting the dumbest of us.

Yeah I love that. We can't just let motorcyclists run the light yet, we don't want to address the problem of the sensors not working either.

What are motorcyclists supposed to do just sit there? Okay, I guess we can always turn right and make a U-turn but sheesh. No one cares about us...<sniff>

Well, it's a lot cheaper to allow "Stop, proceed when safe/clear" than to install better sensors around the state...

I say enact a similar law in TX, and let Darwinism sort out the folks who disregard the "Stop" and "when safe/clear" portions of my earlier phrasing... :-D

I guess it's cool that it will be legal to run a red light if you have been waiting too long. But I haven't experienced this since I installed a 99 cent Radio Shack ceramic magnet. It works GREAT!!

I am actually not worried for people running the red light, I am worried about the cars coming to the intersection with a green light.

I guess I'm going to have to try this magnet thing. I've heard conflicting reports on it's effectiveness but maybe it'll work on the one or two lights that give me trouble on a daily basis.

ST, do you have a part number for the magnet your using from RS?

I've had a bit of trouble with the green light trigger I have for my VFR. I guess I either don't have it mounted low enough or the lights here that don't like my bike are just too stubborn to change. :? I may end up attaching it to my sidestand so I can lower it onto the loop at a light. That may help.

Back