• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Glen Rose area drivers

Reaction score
Went back out to Glen Rose area this morning to explore some twisty roads, and during the trip, I had no less than **4** drivers pull over on the shoulder & wave me by them! What a place! Here in FW every moron in a cage thinks the left lane is for sightseeing or something and blocks traffic like he owns the road. It's good to see such biker friendly drivers for a change. Just thought I'd share.

Howdy,

:tab That is not too uncommon down here near Huntsville as long as there is a decent shoulder and good visibility. This is done for other cagers as well as bikes. It is nice because some of the framer browns around here drive pretty dang slow!

:tab I trust you had a great time in that area? We had a blast when we were out there mid-May. I imagine it was a little cooler when we went hehe. All this recent rain is keeping the temps down but good grief the humidity is getting unbearable!! Just walking around in the yard is enough to drench my shirt and I am not one of those people that sweats at the drop of a donut ;-)

Tourmeister-

Sorry, fergot to login when I posted the first time.

As usual, had a blast exploring the area around there. Just pick a turnoff off hiway 67 & enjoy. Nearly got taken out by a buzzard on 205, though.

Recently brought my concours down from KS, so this was my first outing with her down here in the NC TX "hill country" (what is the Glenrose/Stephenville area considered???). If I could just find a job somewhere out there, I'd be set...

The temp today was incredible up here--mid 80's, not too humid, and with the newly cut-down Rifle windshield (went from 23" to 6" in 2 beers last weekend!) a Phoenix jacket, and bike friendly drivers, it was nearly nirvana.

Cheers!
chad in FW

Back