• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Another reminder about gear!

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Howdy,

Caution, for those with weak stomachs, this might be a little much for you.

http://www.cmyoung.com/bikewreck.html

Really makes me reconsider riding around in jeans with just a jacket, gloves and boots. Maybe I should at least get some Draggin Jeans. they have to be cheaper than massive skin grafts!

Ow.

Lesseee, my WeatherBug says it's currently 94 degrees. Wore my RoadCrafter in to work today, will probably be sweaty going home today.

No problem-o....!

This post could not come at a better time. I've been looking for some protective overpants that I can wear over a pair of Dockers or jeans for that matter. My office changed our dress code policy and we cannot wear jeans any longer.

Anyone have any experience with protective pants you can wear over a pair of jeans?

Pete

Okay, I have GOT to get some pants. I wear leather fieldsheers when I'm out "riding" but just wear my jeans to work and back. I know I'm tempting the road rash god's here though.

Being the novice weenie I am (actually, I'm an old weenie, but a novice rider :) ), I always wear overpants whenever I ride.

I had Tourmaster Cortechs, but they were not waterproof as advertised. Otherwise, they weren't bad at all.

I have an Aerostich two-piece suit. It's stiff, bulky, heavy, and absolutely wonderful. :) Fits fine over pants. Not too sweaty on hot days, either, oddly enough.

When I want some protection but more airflow, I wear my mesh Joe Rocket Phoenix pants. They're a trifle snug over pants, but work just fine.

I just have no desire to brag about dealing with road rash, blech.

Paul

I have a pair of First Gear Hypertech pants that I wear in the winter time over my jeans. They're fantastically warm and very waterproof but I just can't bear to wear them in the Texas heat. I'll prolly pick up a pair of phoenix pants for summertime commuting and be done with it.

Back