• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Crazy weather!

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Howdy,

:tab I hope some of you got in some good riding this weekend. With the crazy weather here I did not :evil: Every day for the last two weeks it has rained pretty heavy, lots of thunder and lightning, and high winds. Real early mornings are nice until about noon and then the thunderheads start popping up everywhere. Problem is, I am NOT a morning person!

:tab We did get to go check out a potential first bike for Debbie. Another member here has an older model bike in nice shape. Of course, she is not enamored with the styling hehe. But if she can suck it up for six or seven months, it will make a decent starter bike before she moves on to something newer and prettier :lol: At least this one is more in her realistic price range rather than a nice new SV650S :roll:

:tab I am a little bummed that there is no racing on this weekend. Or if there was I missed it. I managed to even miss most of the car racing. I did get to grill a 4th meal for the family between rain showers :wink: So all in all it was a good weekend.
:chug:

I got an OK three hour tour, uh I mean ride, in yesterday. And while the weather was a little iffy (got rained on just outside of Wimberly) all in all it was just nice to get out. Went down by Canyon Lake and then down River Road to I35 and back home. Its amazing how you can still see where the water line was on the Guadalupe River last summer (in a couple of places it was many feet over the road, :eek: )

Scott, regarding bikes for Debbie, just thought you might want to know that I saw a couple of SV's (one S and one N) here in Austin this weekend. No, the SVS is not ours. Check out Austin360.Com in the classifieds section.

There was more rain this weekend than any July-4th weekend I can recall.

July is usually bone dry. Not this year. It's been raining every 4 days here in Lufkin. I'm killing myself trying to keep the yard mown.

Good year to have a garden. Not so good for MC riding. :?

I went for a little ride yesterday afternoon and managed to dodge all the showers. I went down FM3090 to Navasota, then down 105 to FM362. When 362 ended I took 1488 into Magnolia for a shake and some ice water at Sonic. I took tha same path back and never got a drop of rain on me. The road surface on 362 was a little wet from some earlier showers, but still okay.

On another note, I can't wait for my new seat to get back from Sargent! I think my ride yeaterday was something along the lines of 160 miles, but my butt was KILLING me! I'm taking the MSF ERC class in Houston this Saturday, so I hope it gets here before then. :mrgreen:

Sorry the weather was so bad for everyone else. I got lucky and managed to miss all of it. It did however keep me from riding the mountain bike since the trails were all covered in mud and they don't like you riding there when it's that sloppy. It tends to tear up the trails too badly. At least it's sunny today. 8)

:tab Looking out the window right now (1:00pm) it is bright and sunny, but I hear rumbling off in the distance already, grrr! I sure hope this quits before our Newb Ride on 7/25!

:tab Just like clockwork, 2:30 and the skies open up! This has to be one of the hardest showers I have seen in the last few years!! The trees are whipping all over the place in every direction. :shock: Checked the Weatherunderground for Tornado alerts but it seems to be clear. The yard outside is like a lake already and it is still coming down in buckets. DISH reception is toast of course, hehe. Lots of booming and flickering lights. Same time tomorrow... :?

Rainy day ridding

This weekend's weather was a real downer for us here in Houston too. Rained just enough to make my 919 look like it had been ridden off road but not enough to clean it off.

I'm with you Scott, hope this is not what we can expect for the newbie ride. Thank god the misses has passed on this experience or I would never hear the end.

Hey Scott for this rainy weather have you ever considered doing a "Fowl Weather Duck Tour?" :wink: You know, just to teach us the finer points of wet weather riding. :wink:

SVinAustin said:
Its amazing how you can still see where the water line was on the Guadalupe River last summer (in a couple of places it was many feet over the road, :eek:

You can still see that water line in my parents house... I really need to get a bike so I can get together with you Austinites every now and then...

Back