• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Not really a newbie...

Mark Eggers

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I have met a few of you, but here I am logged in and official. I live in the Conroe area and ride an old Honda VF1000R. I am a big Colin Edwards fan and love mtorcycle racing. I organize MotoGP watching parties and look forward to meeting more of you guys and maybe making a few of the group rides soon.

Howdy Mark,

:tab Welcome to the board :-) Those parties sound like great fun, but South Houston is a looonngg way for me to go. Maybe more than one party with one on the North side of town?

Long way....

Well, Scott, its my fault. You missed the first 4 parties in The Woodlands, I should have done a better job of keeping you guys up to date. I suspect that since there was nearly double the turnout at the last race, we will keep it there. Rumor has it that the natioanl Aprilia rep will make the next race as well as Colin's dad, creating a nice oportunity to get some free gear (Aprilia) and inside info on the world of MotoGp racing. Its worth the drive Scott.

Yeah I know it's worth the drive. My problem is that I am on call that weekend. I could probably do North houston because it would not take to long to get home if I had to go to work. But that part of Houston is just a bit too far for me to get home fast enough to keep the customers happy. So I'll have to sit this one out. :tears:

So Scott, When do I lose the newbie poster title? Do I have to post a certain number of times? or is it a time period type of thingy?

:tab It's a secret :-P If I tell people what the breaks are between titles then I'll start getting post whores that post just to up their rankings, not because they have any worthwhile content :-) Actually, I should probably just do away with the rankings. Hmm...?

If it was some sort of per "word" ranking I would have moved up a notch with my ride report posting.... Can you tell it was a slow day at work today Scott?

Post whores? Without worthwhile content? We wouldn't make posts like that around here would we? Were just not like that.... Nope, Not us... Especially not me. Nope, no way!

If you want a really cool title, Paypal Scott some $$$. ;)

And, welcome, Mark... Someday, I hope to sit with a bunch of other CE II fans at one of your watchathons.... BTW, what does "Go, you SOOK!" actually mean???

Buck,
I will try and get the definitive definition from Colin Snr at the next get together of what "Sook" really means. But from what I remember "Sook" is an Aussie term (and considered derogatory!) but is used here in a motivational sense and not really meant in a derogatory way. A "Sook" is a soft or inoffensive person by definition..... Does this clear up anything?!?!?!

Thanks, Mark, for the explanation, it kinda makes sense.

I look forward to meeting you sometime at a race-watching party, or whatever... :)

~

I've been reading the forum posts and found some from Mark.
The first time I met Mark was on the Colin Edwards forum. We met officially at the first or 2nd Moto GP watching party at Buffalo Wild Wings near the Woodlands TX. Brought my wife Terri along and she and Kim, Marks wife, hit it off and had a blast which was great since my wife didn't really want to go.

My wife and I are really torn up about the news of Marks accident. I don't know what else to say..I do know that I feel like I lost a best friend. Mark and I had talked about going riding but never did get a schedule and I have been working so I've missed the last several CE Moto GP get-togethers.

Things like this make you realize how short life really is and when you get an opportunity to do something but put it off...then the opportunity passes.

I guess I feel better when I think that he was doing one of his favorite things, out on the backroads of the Montgomery Trace on two wheels with the wind and the freedom that we all know and love.

Ride on Mark! You will be missed.

Chris
1995 Kawasaki KLX650C dualsport
---
previous bikes..
1999 ZRX1100
1993 ZX11
1985 FJ1100
1983 Nighthawk 650

Back