• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

A* S-MX Plus boots on closeout for $67.80!

Thats super tempting. only problem is they are half a size too small :tears:

You will probably need a half a size bigger. Mine run tight. I normally wear a 42, but in the SMX Plus I am a 43. I don't know how ridegear came up with the US size chart though.

On a side note, when ridegear screwed up my order it took 8 weeks and me contesting the charge on my credit card before a refund was issued.

Skid

Hmm... they don't seem to be showing the sale price when you put them in the shopping cart.

Was this a mistake that someone fixed?

I don't see that price on the link, I'm seeing 169.95-251.95

They changed it. It did read 67.80 eariler.

Skid

If you drill back to "A* street boot closeouts" you can still see the 67.80 price. Unfortunately you can't buy them for that price.

Well, this could get interesting. :trust:

I got my order in and paid at the $67 price. Threw in a pair of mechanic gloves to push my order just over the $79 limit for the free shipping.

You will probably need a half a size bigger. Mine run tight. I normally wear a 42, but in the SMX Plus I am a 43. I don't know how ridegear came up with the US size chart though.

On a side note, when ridegear screwed up my order it took 8 weeks and me contesting the charge on my credit card before a refund was issued.

Skid
I wear a 13 US (49?) and they only have a 12.5(48) so I think I'll have to pass this time around :argh:
Looks like they are hitting the cart at $169.95

Sorry guys. I saw this at another forum and thought I'd post it here. It must have been a mistake on the web guy's part.

I received the confirmation email......

Qty Item No. Description Price Amount
---- ----------- ------------------------------- -------------- ----------------
1 F-5758 Alpinestars S-MX Plus Boot 9 $67.80 $67.80
1/2 (U.S.) Black

1 F-44092B Joe Rocket Suzuki Mechanics $12.50 $12.50
Gloves Black/Black X-Large

SUBTOTAL $80.30
SALES TAX $0.00
SHIPPING $0.00

ORDER TOTAL $80.30

I bought TWO pairs, one for me, one for Howard and paid for them, each at he $67.80 price. No confirmation email yet, though.

Just have to wait and see...

I know the poor webby hates it when they make a mistake like that but for us it's like hitting a mini-lottery! :sun:

dang too small and full price
stupid work

I phoned Customer Service to correct a misspelling and they said my order went through okay...expect them to be shipped w/in 48 hours or therebouts.

Wow!

Sah-weet!

Oh, great.

Email from RideGear:
_----------------------------------------------
Re: Order Number: ****
Dear Jill:

RideGear wants to serve your every motorsport need; however, at times,
we
are unable to supply specific products. We regret to inform you that
the
following product(s) you ordered on order #***** have been
discontinued and
are no longer available:

Black S-MX Plus Boot in size 8 & 9

In an event such as this, we would like to mention that we have a vast
selection of comparable products that are of the same quality and in
the
same price range. If you are interested in discovering what we could
offer
you as a substitute, please contact us at 1-800-515-1380, 831-425-4044
for
calls from outside the U.S..

Jill, please visit www.ridegear.com/survey and take a few moments of
your
time to assist RideGear in improving our Customer Service.

Thank you for choosing RideGear!
__----------------------------------

I'm calling it. This is a "bait and switch" game. They WILL honor my order, or they WILL be hearing from the Texas Attorney General's office.

You know, if they'd been honest with me, saying that some web lackey screwed up and sorry about that and here's 10% off your next purchase or somesuch, I would just shrug and leave. But they are being dishonest, so I shall throw the book at them...especially since they are showing these boots, these sizes available...at $279!

Viva la consumer!!!

I want my (insert expletive here) boots...:evil:

We regret to inform you that
the
following product(s) you ordered on order #***** have been
discontinued and
are no longer available:

Black S-MX Plus Boot in size 8 & 9

You are absolutely right. If they say the product is no longer available and they are still offering it a high price, that should be some sort of fraud. You can forgive errors, but not being treated like an idiot. Go for it. :clap:

I ordered a pair, size 9 black, have a the promise of a confirmation # and tracking info. I hope it goes thru. My solution to errors to my charge accounts is to not pay them, they may try to bully you, just don't back down. RH

If any of you guys actually receive these boots in hand for $70, let us know.

I think they'll cancel all the placed orders due to the price mistake.

Alpinestars Supertech race boots for only $81.38 :roll:

UPDATE:

Phoned RideGear about the "discotinuation" and was told that of course they didn't do anything illegal. Customer Service guy, Shane, told me that they had that sale price on 150 pairs of boots, so while all who 'ordered' the boot got a confirmation receipt, only the first 150 are actually getting their order. He, of course, assures me that this is in no way illegal. He even told me that he'd been to law school. :rolleyes: I also repeatedly pointed out that they still had the same boot available, in the 9 1/2 size, black...the exact same item...on their website. He informed me that those are the $279 ones, and the $67.80 earmarked ones were gone. Despite the fact that I have a receipt in my hand for THAT EXACT ITEM for the lower price, and he admitted that he had THAT EXACT ITEM available, he couldn't let me have it.

But then when I asked him what item I could "discover in a substitute", he offered these Fieldsheer boots for the $67.80:

http://www.ridegear.com/rg/item/F-1...ositano_Race_Boots,_12_(45),_Black/Black.html

:rant:

Can someone PLEASE tell me how this is NOT 'bait and switch'? It seems pretty textbook to me. I'm going to think on it some more, when I have cooled off, but will likely be contacting the Better Business Bureau and/or the TX Attorney General.

Fat lotta good that'll do me, but if I cause someone enough inconvienence, maybe they'll change their practices.

Last edited:
why would someone who had been to law school be working the phone help desk for a internet store?

Back