View Single Post
Old 02-28-2017, 11:08 PM   #9
rustylane7

Re: South East TX TARA DS Ride, Saturday March 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmetx View Post
The Purpose:

The Ride:
The ride will start at Bu-cee’s in Waller TX and ride to Sam Houston National Forrest then make a loop west and finally back to Buc-ee’s in Waller TX. This loop is about 75% dirt roads (all public roads) and follows some of the “Day 2, ET750” route. The planned routes include both paved and off-pavement riding and is suitable for any street-legal dual sport adventure bike. I have run this route several times and added small adjustments to make it fun. The route is about 225 miles long and takes a good 6 hours to run.
My thought is to meet at Buc-ee’s in Waller TX at 7am for a M&G, coffee, breakfast and gas. There is plenty of room to park your vehicle if you trailer your bike, plus Buc-ee’s sells ethanol free gas at this location!
Stands up at 8am so please have a full tank of gas before we leave because the first scheduled stop for gas is in Shiro TX (~100 miles from start). There are gas stops in the area but most are off the planned route.
jdsmetx- thank you for taking the time to track this route and provide a gpx file. If this could be archived under East Tx routes for easy recollection on the TARA website that would be superb! I see it is on there now but not sure if that will go away when future rides pop up.
http://www.motoscreenz.com/

#texasdualsportriders
rustylane7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04160 seconds with 9 queries